Ma Jolie Foot Gear Boutique  » Shopping  »
2583 North Downer Avenue Milwaukee WI 53211
  • I like that the store is very spacious and open
  • I had noticed that the women’s clothing looked attractive so I gave the store another try a few months later
  • I was pretty disappointed at the quality of the blouse and had to toss it
  • I’ve purchased items at discount big box stores like Target and had their apparel last much longer and cost much less
  • I found another shirt that I liked and decided to purchase it

• by cmurray081981

I often drive by Ma Jolie clothing store on my way to school in the evenings and thought it looked like a nice boutique but assumed it would be pricey and out of my budget. However, I was early for class one day and thought I might kill some time by stopping in and checking out the store. While the store is technically called Ma Jolie Foot Gear, they carry many more items of clothing than shoes.

I like that the store is very spacious and open. They sell both men’s and women’s apparel, shoes and accessories and jewelry as well. The store is divided up so that the men’s apparel is on the left side and the women’s on the right side. The racks are evenly spaced so you’re not running into anyone else who’s browsing at the same time and the clothes are neatly arranged by size and style. They also offer a few handbags and wallets. These are displayed mostly on shelves above the clothes and on top of the clothing racks

that are not attached to the walls. There is a small sale section in back offering decently priced items from previous seasons.

The first time I went into this store I was looking for a birthday present for my boyfriend. I walked in and I don’t think anyone even said hello to me. I quickly browsed the men’s apparel and found that most of the merchandise appeared to be aimed towards younger teens and 20’s aged crowds. My boyfriend is in his 30’s and would not have liked the options they offered so I left shortly after I came in. I had noticed that the women’s clothing looked attractive so I gave the store another try a few months later. While some items were priced higher most items were completely affordable. I ended up purchasing two shirts. One was a sheer long sleeved blouse that I would have been able to wear either to work or out as long as a camisole was layered underneath it. After I wore the shirt twice most of the buttons ...

• came off and the shirt ripped. I was pretty disappointed at the quality of the blouse and had to toss it. What a waste of money. I’ve purchased items at discount big box stores like Target and had their apparel last much longer and cost much less.

I went back one more time after I attended a career fair at school and had a few hours to kill before my evening class. It had been a few years since my last trip and I decided to give the store yet another shot. This time I decided I would spend more time looking at the apparel and quality and actually try on anything I liked before decided to buy it or not. I did have to ask a sales associate to open up a dressing room for me but I got their attention right away and had no issues. The dressing rooms are extremely tiny. I’m petite and had trouble maneuvering around in the room. It would be nicer if they could have made them a

bit larger. I found another shirt that I liked and decided to purchase it. This time I had much better luck. I’ve had the shirt for a few months and worn it twice and had no issues.

Overall I’m a bit puzzled by this store. The service is a bit spotty even when not many people are browsing or looking for help. The first time I went in no one acknowledged my presence and every time after that I’ve been asked if I needed help. Perhaps the management has changed hands or new sales associates have been hired on since then. Overall the staff has greatly improved but the merchandise quality is also questionable. I might stop in another time or two before I graduate in a few months and no longer pass by the store regularly but I doubt I will ever make any special trips after that. Be a bit wary with the items you purchase and make sure you find out what the return policy is for something that’s defective just in case.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2410071583950631/k2311a0710/7.10.12