Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • The scrub is a gorgeous hot pink colour, uber girly and definitely something that looks nice with the rest of my cosmetics in the bathroom despite it's fairly plain packaging
  • You don't eat enough of it to get a full on whack of flavour as most of the sugar granules dissolve against the warmth of your lips, but it's a delicious little taster of something sweet

• by roundabout

The first time I tried the Bubblegum Lip Scrub from Lush it was given to me as a freebie after I purchased a giftset - I adored the smell, taste and effects so much that I’ve been buying it ever since. It comes in a small glass pot with screw top plastic lid; the first impressive thing is that the lid spins on and off quickly and easily, it never gets stuck unlike many other lip products I’ve used of this type in the past.

The lip scrub is basically granules of sugar which have been infused with jojoba oil and bubblegum flavouring and fragrance. The scrub is a gorgeous

hot pink colour, uber girly and definitely something that looks nice with the rest of my cosmetics in the bathroom despite it’s fairly plain packaging.

To use it you simply rub the lip scrub across your lips, I find the effects are better when I use circular motions with a generous finger full of scrub - the amount you use and how long you scrub for is completely up to you so don’t be afraid to experiment with the logistics. It’s not harmful at all so you’re positively encouraged to lick the excess off your lips!

The taste is wonderful, it’s a super sweet bubblegum flavour but with a hint of something else (maybe the jojoba oil) which takes off the intense sugary taste slightly. You don’t eat enough of it to get a full on whack of flavour as most of the sugar granules dissolve against the warmth of your lips, but it’s a delicious little taster of something sweet!

I use the lip scrub daily as part of my morning beauty routine, at one point I started to use it twice a day but that made my lips start to feel a little sore after a few days so I went back and started using it in once a say which seems to suit my skin much better. My ...

• Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
      lips feel incredibly soft after using the Bubblegum Lip Scrub; but not only do they feel better, the appearance is also much improved as any dead skin is sloughed off by the sugar granules and the small sections of skin that occasionally peel on my lips are made completely smooth again.

When I use it before applying my lipstick the results are incredible; the smoothness of the skin on my lips makes an excellent base for the colour and I can feel an amazing difference even as I am applying the lipstick. The colour glides on so beautifully that the end result is absolutely flawless, this is true regardless of

which lipstick I use that day but the creamier ones make application so quick and easy that I actually hate to apply my lipstick now without using this beautiful Lush scrub first.

Because you only need to use a relatively tiny amount of scrub per application the pot lasts forever, it’s marked with a date when it needs to be used by but I tend to disregard this as Lush are always using very short use-by dates and going beyond this date has never caused a problem with this particular product - after all, it’s only sugar and oil so I fail to see why it needs a use-by date at all!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319071583800431/k2311a079/7.9.12