Prestige Omega Delux - 3 Piece Non-stick cookware set  » Housewares  »
  • I started to like Prestige after making a change in my kitchen and going for the Prestige Stainless Steel Pressure cooker and have been so impressed with it
  • I like to shop for cook wares in India because the prices are much cheaper and the quality is very good
  • I think they are a better buy than the overpriced similar quality brands found in departmental stores in Singapore

• by true_value

I love using non-stick cookware. In fact I don’t think I would ever want to cook on any other cookware as I have gotten 3o used to the ease of cooking on non-stick pans. But then not all non-stick cook wares are the same.

The non-sticks that I had bought some time back and had been using were from the brand called Premier. When new they were good but then they deteriorated pretty fast. Well, I do take proper care of my non-sticks and never use abrasive cleaning materials or dish wash detergents that are harsh. I also only use the plastic or wooden spatulas. So even with proper care some of the non-sticks just won’t last because of the poor quality of the non-stick coating.

Prestige is one of the leading cookware brands in India that makes good quality pressure cookers and non-stick pans along side Hawkins. To be honest, I have always

been a fan of Hawkins pressure cookers and non-stick as it used to be my mother’s favorite and we grew up with food cooked with Ha7kins.

I started to like Prestige after making a change in my kitchen and going for the Prestige Stainless Steel Pressure cooker and have been so impressed with it. I have been using it for almost 5 years and it still looks and cooks like new.

This time around when I went on a holiday to India I was at the store looking for a flat pan to replace my worn out looking Premiere pam. I like to shop for cook wares in India because the prices are much cheaper and the quality is very good. I think they are a better buy than the overpriced similar quality brands found in departmental stores in Singapore. The ones found for cheap in smaller stores are usually of inferior quality.

The store helper suggested taking ...

• a look at the Prestige Deluxe Non-stick cookware set. It was on offer. The regular retail price was Rs.2200 and the offer price was Rs.1600 which I thought was a really good price for a set of 3 pieces when each individual item can cost Rs.900 and above.

The set comes with a flat pan with raised edges of size 280 mm Diameter, one Fry pan of size 240 mm Diameter and one Kadai with glass lid of size 240 mm Diameter. It also comes with two plastic spatulas one for flipping and the other one for scooping gravy and such.

As for the features, Prestige claims the cookware to be advanced cookware for healthy cooking. All of the pans comes with Induction base which makes it suitable for use on induction stove, Cook and serve design, Metal spoon friendly non-stick coating for hassle-free cooking.

Prestige also makes the impressive claim that its Induction base is India’s first

cookware which is both induction oven and gas stove compatible. Well, I do not use induction stove but to those in countries that have problems with gas supply I think this would be a great feature to have.

I have been using this set for about 6 months now and thoroughly enjoying it. As mentioned, the set actually comes with only one glass lid but it can be used on both the kadai and the sauce pan as they are of the same size.

As for the quality they are much better than the flimsy and light weight Premier pans. They are a breeze to clean and the weight of the cookware seems much sturdier and solid which makes me believe that they will last a really long time.

If you are looking for a good quality non-stick cookware set at a great bargain this set is a great buy. I highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 539071583790431/k2311a079/7.9.12