Bangles and Bags Accessories Boutique  » Shopping  »
159 N Broadway Milwaukee WI 53202
  • I most frequently travel to the one located in Milwaukee’s third ward since it’s the most convenient location for me
  • While it’s a bit tough to find parking during the day I have the best luck on Friday evenings
  • They have very pretty evening bags that I would consider purchasing, but most of their day to day handbags are not my style
  • You’re sure to find something you like and I love how affordable every piece is

• by cmurray081981

Bangles and Bags is a small chain of accessories boutiques located in southeastern Wisconsin. I most frequently travel to the one located in Milwaukee’s third ward since it’s the most convenient location for me. While it’s a bit tough to find parking during the day I have the best luck on Friday evenings.

This store location is not very large but the store is packed with as much merchandise as they can fit without being overly crammed with inventory. They make creative use of the space by using a large table in the center of the store with bags placed underneath. The associates do a good job with setting out the accessories so that they look attractive and you still have room to walk and browse. I despise trying to maneuver around other shoppers because you’re packing in shoulder to shoulder with each other. I also think it’s cute how they use old dressers and colorful vintage

pieces of furniture to showcase their designs. Best of all, everything in the store is totally affordable. The prices range from $5 for basic earrings up to $50 for bags. They sell jewelry of all kinds, handbags, scarves, hair accessories, wallets and coin purses. They carry all styles from simple earring studs to intricate necklaces to fancy jewelry that would be appropriate for a bride on her wedding day but all very reasonably priced. I also like that the store is arranged by color so if you’re only looking for gold or silver jewelry or need a bag to match a certain color, you can easily find the section and browse through it right away.

Each time I visit this store I find something I want to purchase. It’s been great for finding simple and small earrings for work that range from $5-7 each. I also found some very unique pieces, one being a brass colored bracelet that’s ...

• made to look like a belt that even includes a working buckle. The store has a very unique inventory though I’m not sure if they work with local artists or have their own manufacturers. I was curious to find out how they supply these pieces that look handmade but at far more reasonable prices compared to craft shows but the information does not exist on their website.

One downside to the inventory is that some purses do have a cheap look to them. I tend to shy away from purchasing bags here since they look more suited to something a woman in her 40’s or 50’s would find attractive. They have very pretty evening bags that I would consider purchasing, but most of their day to day handbags are not my style. I can say that their jewelry is very pretty and would be suitable for women of all ages. Though the prices are low the quality is

not and I’ve never had any piece that I’ve purchased break over at least a year of use. I also wish they had a more extensive website with pictures of inventory and not pictures of the insides of their stores only. The last issue I have with the chain of stores is that the hours are not very convenient. I wish they would stay open past 5 pm since I have to work full time. If I want to visit a store I have to leave work early or go during lunch and struggle to find a parking spot. Even staying open until 6 pm would be a big improvement. It’s also unusual that each store seems to have different hours for no particular reason.

This store has a wide variety of accessories that are targeted towards women of all ages and I’d highly suggest a visit. You’re sure to find something you like and I love how affordable every piece is.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 244071583050131/k2311a074/7.4.12