Kloiber Jewelers
411 East Wisconsin Avenue Suite 150 Milwaukee WI 53202
  • While I was already in downtown Milwaukee looking at another jewelry store I decided to check and see if there were any others in the area that I should look at
  • I found Kloiber Jewelers located in the large 411 East Wisconsin Avenue building downtown
  • I was happy that I found the store easily since I despise walking around aimlessly trying to locate something

• by cmurray081981

While I was already in downtown Milwaukee looking at another jewelry store I decided to check and see if there were any others in the area that I should look at. I was shopping for my own engagement ring and thought it would be a good idea to view as many businesses as possible so I would know I looked at as many different kinds of rings as I could. I’d looked at Kesslers and found a couple I really liked but when I went back to look at them again, they no longer knocked my socks off. I wanted to be sure the one I picked would be THE ONE.

I found Kloiber Jewelers located in the large 411 East Wisconsin Avenue building downtown. The store is very easy to find. It’s right on the first floor and can be seen as soon as you go through the revolving doors. I was happy that I found the store easily since I despise walking around aimlessly trying to locate something. The store is surrounded by windows which makes it very bright. This is good since you usually want to see how well the jewelry sparkles in the sunlight. I was greeted immediately by

the owner of the jewelry store. No other customer was in the store at that time but I also arrived about a half hour prior to close on a Friday evening.

I was a bit surprised at the lack of selection in the store for engagement rings. There were only a handful of complete rings and a few more settings. The owner started off by asking me what I was looking for and was very personable and polite, even making basic conversation. She was very good at establishing a personal connection. She showed me a few basic pieces and gave me a lot of information about the different cuts of diamonds and how each ring was constructed either using prongs, pave or were inset directly flush into the band. No other jeweler had taken time to educate me on how the accent diamonds were set into the band directly and she also showed me examples of each kind. The point of her education was to let me know that she specialized in custom designs. Basically, she said she wanted to inform me of my options because she very rarely sells rings that are shown as is in her display. She works with over 200 ...

• suppliers and has the rings set and customized in store.

She was also the only one who directly asked me about a budget. It was a little off putting since I was not the one making the purchase and my fiance was not with me at the time. I really didn’t want to speak for him and wish she had waited until he was with me to ask. I can understand that she wants to help us work within our budget but at the same time I couldn’t help but assume if she had a range for a budget she’d push us towards a design that was on the high end of that budget, regardless of if that was the type of ring I’d really like. Perhaps I’ve read too many wedding horror stories but I can’t help but think anyone trying to sell me something is not looking out for my best interests. As a result, I couldn’t keep Kloiber Jewelers in the running for supplying my engagement ring. I would have preferred being able to try on more rings as well. She would pull something out and then talk about it and put it away when I would have liked it if

she offered to have me try it on instead. I can’t even envision what most complete settings will look like when they are missing the center stone and so to have to design a ring out of thin air, pay for it and then not see what we were going to get until it had been custom made was just not something I was interested in doing. I didn’t get an idea of lead time either but I would rather not have to wait weeks for my ring to be completed. I want to start telling more friends and family and without having the ring to show off it’s not quite as meaningful. Holding off on telling people because we didn’t have the ring seemed to upset some family members we’d already waited a week to tell. While customer service is exceptional at Kloiber I can’t have my fiance spend thousands of dollars on something that we won’t see until it’s completed. If I hated it I couldn’t imagine we’d be able to simply trade it in or make modifications without it costing extra. I’d much rather see something and fall in love with it than roll the dice on a high ticket purchase like this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 453071582980231/k2311a073/7.3.12