The Fisher-Price Zen Collection Gliding Bassinet
  • The The Fisher-Price Zen Collection Gliding Bassinet is very nice, but I don't think it is ideal for my situation
  • I found the gliding motion, regardless of speed, to be rather jerky
  • It is usually pretty easy to reach over and press the button again, but I think it would be better if lasted just a little longer to ensure that she is in a deep sleep
  • Another issue I have is that the bassinet wiggles quite a bit

• by Hypatia

The The Fisher-Price Zen Collection Gliding Bassinet is very nice, but I don’t think it is ideal for my situation. I probably would not use this type of bassinet again. I am very happy that I got this at 1/3 of the regular price or otherwise I would be very unhappy with this purchase because it is not as functional as I had hoped.

The bassinet is very pretty. I really like the appearance of this bassinet and that was one of the main reasons I purchased it. The bassinet colors are very nice and neutral. It is green, browns and cream. It is very gender neutral and would look nice if it will be out in the open

in your home.

The features of the bassinet are the gliding motion and the sounds. I found the gliding motion, regardless of speed, to be rather jerky. It seems to have a little jerk and shudder at each end of the glide. This is very gentle, and some babies might even enjoy it, but my baby did not. Because of that I rarely use this feature. I have tried it on and off and it seems that she goes to sleep just as well, if not better, with the glider off. The sound effects are okay. I have used the heart beat sound and that seems to be very comforting. I often use it if I’m up doing other

things so that there is a constant sound to help her stay to sleep. I find the music to be a little annoying. I also don’t like that sounds seem to shut off rather quickly. It is usually pretty easy to reach over and press the button again, but I think it would be better if lasted just a little longer to ensure that she is in a deep sleep.

The other thing that I don’t love about this glider is the all the fabric in it. It comes with one very thin odd sized sheet. I generally keep a waterproof pad in the bassinet. Also the inside is lined with fabric that cannot be removed. Luckily I’ve had no ...

• The Fisher-Price Zen Collection Gliding Bassinet
      need to take it off, but it would be nice to be able to wash it. Finally the shelf/basket at the bottom of the bassinet is lined with fabric and has a ruffle edge. This rarely stays where it should and ends up looking rather messy. Perhaps if you kept this area very organized with boxes or baskets it would look better, but mine always seems to look disheveled.

Another issue I have is that the bassinet wiggles quite a bit. It is not that it is unstable. I feel that it is perfectly safe, but if my baby wakes up at night and squirms at all the bassinet moves and it makes a very distinct sound. I don’t

know if wakes her up further but it certainly wakes me up. I sometimes wonder if she would go back to sleep on her own if she was in something that didn’t produce this clank/ thump with every movement.

Finally this bassinet is just a little to tall for me. I’m using it right beside my bed and wanted to be able to reach in and pick up my baby at night to nurse. I now realize that something a little shorter would have made this much easier. Although I have a fairly tall bed, I have to sit completely up and scoot down in the bed to be able to reach up and into the bassinet and pick her up.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 542071582550231/k2311a072/7.2.12