Bose Acoustic Noise Canceling Quiet Comfort 15 Headphones  » Electronics  »
  • Although the noise canceling properties of the Bose Quiet Comfort 15 are truly amazing and useful, there are several down-sides to this feature
  • Second, there are times when you would like to turn off this feature (like if you were intermittently communicating with someone behind you) and unfortunately there is no off button for the noise cancellation
  • Overall, I would recommend these headphones to anyone who would like to experience a richer sound, reduced background noise, and peaceful comfort

• by Katie Shpanskaya

After years of struggling with various noises cluttering the air that I study/relax/sleep in, I finally decided to make an investment and buy the Noise Canceling Bose Quiet Comfort 15 earphones. I can honestly say that I have not regretted that decision since the moment I first used them approximately one year ago. I live in a dorm and study in college libraries and common rooms. These headphones can truly be a lifesaver in situations where the background noise is invading into your thought process. They are especially helpful if you, like myself, listen to music when you study or just want to watch a tv show in peace. Also, I often use them even when I am in a quiet

area, because the sound quality is fantastic; a great improvement from my regular earphones. I feel like I am experiencing the music/tv show/movie/etc.

However, these headphones are not magic. If you only turn on the noise cancellation with no music/sound, you will still be able to hear outside noises. These noises are just dulled and not quite as distinct. For instance, if someone is having a conversation across the room you will still be able to hear that someone is talking; you may not, however, be able to understand every word that is said. However, if you have music playing, then you will not hear any background noise (true bliss).

Although the noise canceling properties of the Bose Quiet Comfort 15 ...

• are truly amazing and useful, there are several down-sides to this feature. First, it is very difficult to Skype using such headphones as you can not judge how loudly you are speaking. Second, there are times when you would like to turn off this feature (like if you were intermittently communicating with someone behind you) and unfortunately there is no “off” button for the noise cancellation. Therefore, if you want to listen to music with the headphones, you automatically are canceling out background noise.

Of note, these headphones tend to let the sound that they are transmitting out. So if you are listening to music at your regular volume, chances are that people very close to you can hear some of

the music (like the basic tune e.i. is is metal or classical). This is also present in most earphones, however, it is louder through these headphones.

Also, these headphones run on a single AAA battery which last approximately 35 hrs. When you first by them, remember to turn them off! I have had several instances where I forget to turn them off and then they are on all night. However, turning them off becomes an easy habit after a few weeks.

Finally, I would like to mention that these headphones are very comfortable, the ear cushions are soft and light weight. Overall, I would recommend these headphones to anyone who would like to experience a richer sound, reduced background noise, and peaceful comfort.

Dennis Olausson says :

That was a really nice resentation, I m using the same headphones and I tested many other brands also, and found that the sound was much better in a lot of cheaper models, i really liked the Marshal monitor headphones,Really nice and cear sond with a powerfull base, but since I m traveling allot in my job i can t deny the Bose Quiet Comfort 15 is unbeatable, you get rid of engine sound and crying children, you might be able to hear some noises around, but just turn on some music or watch a movie, and you wont notice any disturbances, and you also get a really nice airplaine adapter, and if you are an i-phone user you can control volume and change tracks with a small controler on the headphone cable

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1629061582490730/k2311a0629/6.29.12