Nuance Dragon Natural Speaking English software
0.5
  • When I first heard the name, I thought it had something to do with Dragons, so I looked up
  • I contacted customer service to let them know about the problem with the program
  • After using the program for three weeks, I found that it wasn’t any faster than using my hands

• by sarahdragon26

With all the writing I do on my computer , I have always been looking for a program that I could speak into and it would write my words on Microsoft Word for me. I have tried countless programs over the years that have made the same claims that Nuance Dragon made. And all of them have had the same fate as Nuance Dragon. They all got deleted off my computer.

When I first heard the name, I thought it had something to do with Dragons, so I looked up. When I saw the basic idea behind the program, I debated with myself for a few weeks about paying the 85 dollars to purchase the product. When I eventually got the program, I immediately had buyer’s remorse. I had read all of the reviews

about Nuance Dragon and they said wonderful things, but when a program is reviewed as having no problems, I normally see a red flag. I got this program to help me with my writing, not take away from my typing. I planned on still doing mostly typing, but the speaking would have greatly helped.

The program itself installed just fine, but when I first tried to open it, the whole program crashed. I restarted my computer twice and still all the program did was crash. Once, the program had even frozen my computer completely. I was forced to do a hard restart from the button on my computer tower. I used my husband’s computer to make sure I had all of the requirements for proper running of the program and I saw that I ...

• had above the standard requirements, so my computer was not the reason for the program crashing. It was almost 5 hours after installation that I finally got the program to run and stay open. I contacted customer service to let them know about the problem with the program. Thou, I never received anything back from them. Once I had gotten past the first set of crashes after installation, the program only crashed every other day.

I have an expensive Logitech headset that I got for use with this program, for I wanted the program to have no problems understanding me and my words. I speak fluent English and that was the version of Dragon Natural Speaking that I purchased, but the language kept changing to French. The program would start up in French and

would go back to that on its own while the program was running. When I finally nailed that down to just English, it took a week for the system to even start to recognize my words.

After using the program for three weeks, I found that it wasn’t any faster than using my hands. Because the program made more spelling mistakes than I ever could and when I timed myself speaking and the rate of the program recognizing my words correctly, it was slower than my typing speed. It had a hard time understanding the simplest words like; and, the, or us. This was a waste of money and I uninstalled it from my computer. I couldn’t get my money back for it, but I have not recommended it to anyone who asks me how it was.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3028061582250830/k2311a0628/6.28.12