RealSpace Magellan Collection L Shaped Office Desk
  • For the past year I have been searching for a work desk that I could put in my home office, and I decided to shop at Office Depot because I knew they would be the perfect place for me to find a great office desk for home
  • Another thing I love about my desk is how there is plenty of room underneath the desk so I can stretch out my legs if I need to, add a power plug, or add a small fan for the summers or a small heater for winters
  • I like the pullout for the keyboard and I like the many draws for storing important files and necessary office supplies

• by C.Channing

For the past year I have been searching for a work desk that I could put in my home office, and I decided to shop at Office Depot because I knew they would be the perfect place for me to find a great office desk for home. Also, I always purchase my office supplies for them and had a coupon I wanted to use for my purchase.

When I was considering the things I wanted in a home office desk, one of the things is that it had to have enough room for me to be able to have an area for me to use my computer and do any correspondences either by phone or mail. I wanted the desk to have a place where I could store my computer in a private area where I do not always have to look at it, while using the surface for my computer screen and

keyboard.

I liked how the Realspace Magellan collection L-shaped desk fulfilled my first two requirements. On the left hand side of the desk there is a space where the computer can be stored and it also has a door to make it invisible which is what I wanted. Above it is a small draw that I use to store pens and notepads.

I also like how there is plenty of room to place my computer screen on the surface of the desk, and a bonus to this desk is that it has a pullout for my keyboard which I absolutely love because I do not have to worry about my keyboard always sticking out.

On the right hand side of the desk are three draws ranging from small, medium, and large. Important files that I need immediately I store in the bottom draw which is the larger of the three, and the other two smaller ...

• draws is where I store basic office supplies I may need right then and there.

The L-shaped desk is not as large as the U-shaped desk I originally had my eye on; however, I have been able to organize the surface of the desk to accommodate my needs. Also, I purchased storage containers large enough to hold a few basic office supplies as well as in and out baskets, and I still have enough room to work efficiently and effectively.

Another thing I love about my desk is how there is plenty of room underneath the desk so I can stretch out my legs if I need to, add a power plug, or add a small fan for the summers or a small heater for winters. However, the extra room underneath is not a good thing if you have kids. One of my cons, however, is the fact I cannot lock any of the

draws.

The desk does require assembly, but because the pieces are so heavy I asked my dad to put the desk together for me. If you are someone who does not fair well with assembly directions or cannot lift heavy equipment, then I would highly suggest you be like me and ask someone who is more proficient to handle that for you.

Realspace Magellan Collection L-shaped desk has been a good investment for my home office. It has the room I was looking for in terms of computer use and storage and the ability to correspond and handle mail without feeling overcrowded. I like the pullout for the keyboard and I like the many draws for storing important files and necessary office supplies. However, my only con was no lock and key were included. Other than the minus lock and key, I like the amount of work space I have and the sturdiness of the desk overall.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5728061582240830/k2311a0628/6.28.12