JFK Airport  » Airlines  »
JFK Access Road, New York, NY
  • I didn’t feel like lugging my bags onto a bus or standing in a subway and having to take a cab once I entered the city on the subway, so the taxi was the best choice for me
  • I have yet to have a bad experience here with employees, the food, or merchandise service here

• by sarahdragon26

When it comes to flying with New York City, I have always had one airport that I want to fly into. And that airport is JFK International Airport. I have been to Newark and La Gauda and I can say with absolute certainly that JFK will always be my NY airport of choice.

JFk is one of the biggest airports I have ever been in. Even after all of the times I travel through there, I can still get lost. I laugh at myself all the time because I still have to ask for help or look for signs to tell me where I’m supposed to go. I remember one of my trips to New York and after landing at JFK, we were told that there was some construction being done to the building. I thought that shouldn’t be a problem. I must have spent an hour looking for the taxi cab area where the cabs are lined up to take people into the city. I was helped by one

of the employees who actually escorted me to the taxi cab area so I didn’t get lost with her directions. I felt so bad that I didn’t get her name before she walked away. I have been told off and been ushered away without a single look from airport employees before, so getting pleasant treatment was a wonderful change.

I had heard stories and seen pictures, but I never really understood just how many taxi cabs are waiting for people when they come out of this international airport. First time I saw it, I had to shake my head in amazement. While waiting in line, a really long line, for a cab into Manhattan, I was amazed at how the line for the taxis went really fast. An employee of the airport was directing people into the cabs and trying to make everything as painless as possible. There was no cutting in line or someone else muscling their way past others. Everything was very organized. At least while I was ...

• standing there. And while taking a taxi in the city could be expensive, the airport has a flat rate for a taxi cab ride into the city. It was 30.00 dollars back then, and it has gone up in price with the rise of gas prices and such. There are more than taxis available to take into the city. There is a bus that went into Port Authority in the city or a subway. I didn’t feel like lugging my bags onto a bus or standing in a subway and having to take a cab once I entered the city on the subway, so the taxi was the best choice for me. And it continues to be so, even if I don’t normally take cabs in the city once I get there.

While waiting for my return flight home, JFK never seemed to sleep .There was always flights coming in or going out. Some of the shops and places to eat closed while some stayed open all night. After checking

in my bags and waiting for my flight to arrive to head home, I got a chance to really look around. It was around 10pm and most of the airport was quiet with small groups of people here and there. I felt like I was walking through a mall and the only indication that this was actually an airport was the sound of landing or taking off planes overhead. Even as I waited, I spent about an hour speaking to a Security Guard who grew up in the same area as my parents, who are native New Yorkers.

This is one of the best airports to fly into and not just for NY but anywhere. I have yet to have a bad experience here with employees, the food, or merchandise service here. Yes, I’ve seen more crazy and just out of this world kind of people come in and go out of JFK, but the painless and pleasant experience I always have there will always make JFK my first choice of NY airports.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4028061582200830/k2311a0628/6.28.12