Dark Souls PS3  » Games  »
  • Even with the lack of a storyline, this is one of the best, keep you on your toes games in the market today
  • And I really enjoyed playing as a phantom to help other players against boss fights or battle red, invading, phantoms
  • I think I spent more time doing that, than I did actually playing the game itself
  • I’m not one for heavy armors that slow me down and I like to lace my weapons with fire or lightning to make them more effective against certain enemies
  • The graphics, designs, and concepts behind the game are just amazing

• by sarahdragon26

When I heard about Dark Souls coming out, I was really excited. I played the series’ first game, Demon Souls so much that I was sure I had burned out my game. When it came to Dark Souls, all I kept hearing was the game trailers opening. “Be Prepared to Die.” It just gave me the willies. Because I remember how much I struggled to stay alive in Demon Souls. And all the developers, From Software, would say is that it was much harder then Demon Souls.

Much like the first game, Dark Souls has no story behind it. There are little tid-bits here and there around the lands that I traveled to, but nothing that seemed to be completely solid and in place with the rest of the lands. A few things

interconnected, but nothing with much of a solid story behind it. I have to admit that I really would have liked to have seen a storyline behind this game. It had such potential to be a very imaginative storyline. Not that it took away from the game. The game was still great, but a storyline would have made it that much better.

Even with the lack of a storyline, this is one of the best, keep you on your toes games in the market today. I walked most of the game because some parts of the game were completely dark and I had no idea what was two feet in front of me. It could have been an NPC or someone ready to kill me and take my souls. I would joke to my husband that I was not running anywhere for I knew there would be something big, and strong waiting for me in the darkness. And I still would jump and sometimes scream when something attacked me from the darkness or from behind me.

Much of the game mechanics are the same in Dark and Demon Souls, so it was very easy to get back into the motion of the game and how everything worked. As well as staying true to the game’s designs, the boss fights were sometimes incredibly hard and would take me several times to beat the boss. Or I would have to go elsewhere, battle something else, get stronger and upgrade my armor and weapons just to stand a chance against the boss I was planning on battling. And I really ...

• Dark Souls PS3
      enjoyed playing as a phantom to help other players against boss fights or battle red, invading, phantoms. I think I spent more time doing that, than I did actually playing the game itself. It was also a great way to get souls to upgrade my stuff. And while invading other characters is part of the game, I never did that, nor did I spend much time alive for I would always get invaded. Sometimes, that was just more annoying then anything else.

When it came to weapons and armor, I seem to stay with the same kinds of armor and weapons that I always seem to float to. My armor was very light so I could quickly roll out of the way of an attack. I’m not one for heavy armors that slow

me down and I like to lace my weapons with fire or lightning to make them more effective against certain enemies.

I’m coming to see that PS3 loading screens can take much longer then they should to load, so I’m not getting too annoyed with it so much because I’m expecting it. It is still a problem thou. I was overjoyed with the fact that my game never froze or crashed, especially when online helping another player. I didn’t experience any other issues that made a big impact on my game playing experience.

Dark Souls is great game to play if you want a fight and don’t want to know what’s right behind the corner. At least during your first play through. The graphics, designs, and concepts behind the game are just amazing. It’s worth the money.

21 says :

Great review Bought DS after reading this, as I also loved the first one. Was not disappointed, review was spot-on. Keep the reviews coming

sarahdragon26 replies :

Thank you, 21. I love the game, too. Even if it seems to kill me at every turn.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2827061582030830/k2311a0627/6.27.12