Colonial Golf Course Robina Gold Coast  » Travel  »
Robina, Gold Coast, Australia
  • The golf club is semi-private, the course is well-maintained, and the ambience is peaceful, being close to a residential area where I learned that many elderly and retired couples live

• by Leotraveller
      The Colonial (formerly Paradise Springs) Golf Course, Robina, Queensland. Tel +61 7 5553 7001.

The course is a 7,000-yard (championship tees), 18-hole, par-72 course half an hour from the Courtyard Marriott Surfyard Paradise Hotel.

It’s relatively flat, but the course twists wickedly on some holes.

The fairways are full of colorful flowers and exotic trees, and several wooden and concrete

bridges cross water hazards and free-flowing rivers.

It was the first course we played less than 24 hours after we landed, so jet lag affected our game, but the beauty of this former farmland made me feel relaxed.

I started well (owing to the traffic, we started on the back nine), but joy turned to despair on the handicap-5, 211-yard par-3 hole ...

12 and the handicap-6, 392-yard par-4 3rd hole, where I both had a quadruple bogey after sending two balls to the water.

I had only one par, on hole no.

4, a 170-yard par-3.

Many holes had narrow fairways that penalized stray drives very severely, giving me many double bogeys.

I ended up tied for second place after shooting a 98.

After the game, we had some drinks at the colonial-type clubhouse, an elegant wooden structure that serves as the place’s landmark.

The golf club is semi-private, the course is well-maintained, and the ambience is peaceful, being close to a residential area where I learned that many elderly and retired couples live.

Call them for the latest special package tour greens fees.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38141115821130/k2311a1114/11.14.05