Nalgene Tritan Blue 32oz Canteen  » Other  »
  • It was sizable, and easy to clean so I thought why not
  • I guess I wouldn't have had any complaints if only I bought a metal canteen
  • For proof, when you put water in it, and get a smart idea to freeze the water, in reality that's just something immature which I learned on my part, but I still wanted to cool the bottle because I thought it wouldn't break so easily

• by Geronomo

It’s not even a canteen, just a harder plastic water bottle which is bigger. It’s cheaper though, a great buy for $10, or at least that’s what I thought. It’s blue attracted me at Sports Authority. It was sizable, and easy to clean so I thought why not? It was light too.

So I bought it. I guess I wouldn’t have had any complaints if only I bought a metal canteen. Well, plastic is lighter, and cheaper, and easier to clean.

As a plus, Nalgene’s

plastic was BPA free. Not sure about DEHP though. A week in, and it broke.

Yes, my sole complaint about palstic canteens. It may be my fault, or because I was oblivious or unexperienced…but seriously a week in and it broke because of a physical reaction. It may have boasted “strong, durable” but it is only strong and durable on the outside.

You may hit it and it can still break if hard enough, not only that but it’s just plastic. For proof, when you put water in it, and get a “smart” idea to freeze the water, in reality that’s just something immature which I learned on my part, but I still wanted to cool the bottle because I thought it wouldn’t break so easily…which it did. Still, if I had no smart thoughts, it wouldn’t have broken so easily.

I mean the plastic is pretty durable for plastic and all…the mouth cover piece is versatile and simple, but maybe it’s far too simple. Plastic, blue for appeal, BPA-free ...

• Nalgene Tritan Blue 32oz Canteen
      made, and easy to use mouth cover, maybe it is too simple. At most it should cost $6.

Anything BPA-free would be cheaper with a less component, unless the BPA was replaced. Too bad I’ll never know because Nalgene fails to describe it, like most companies. In the end, nalgene is just a plastic maker and a good marketer.

That’s all the company will ever be. On the bright side, you can feel comfortable that the bottle is BPA-Free and you’ll feel cleaner, the

bottle looks simple and cool and is easy to clean/use and you can use it for your argument on which water canteen are best. But…that’s just being overzealous, we all should know that plastic is weak to something and stronger to others.

That’s where it all comes together, alluminum is more dangerous, but it lasts longer…and no one’s going to hit you with it, unless you are unfortunate.

Ugh, a waste of $8, I knew I should have bought a metal canteen instead: my fault though.

Reported prices :
8.97 USDamazon.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1227061581940830/k2311a0627/6.27.12