OUT Moisture Lock Extra Large Training Pads  » Pets  »
  • Unfortunately, she could not always make it to her litter box though she did try
  • I don’t have any dogs, nor do I have any experience housetraining any animal, and usually only patronize cat aisles when shopping
  • I tried a couple of different varieties but had the best luck with the OUT Moisture Lock Extra Large Training Pads
  • It’s so much nicer and easier to know that if this is a problem I will probably have to deal with for a while, it can be easily controlled and cleanup is as easy as folding up the used pad and placing it in the trash
  • I highly recommend these pads to anyone not just for pet and puppy use, but also to put underneath litter boxes to catch litter and keep it from being tracked all over your house

• by cmurray081981

When my elderly cat Oreo started to lose dramatic amounts of weight while still gulping down excessive amounts of food and water, I knew something must be wrong with her. I took her to the vet and was told she had developed diabetes. Due to the excessive amount of glucose in her system, she was compensating by drinking a lot of water in order to flush the excess out of her system and was therefore urinating much more frequently. Unfortunately, she could not always make it to her litter box though she did try.

I had some luck by administering insulin for a year or so, but she recently started urinating outside her litter box again. Though she was not drinking as excessively as she was before she was diagnosed, it seemed the change in insulin I was forced to make was not working quite as well as the old insulin I started her on. Cleaning up her messes was unpleasant, to say the least. She could soak the

carpet not only all the way to the pad but to the subfloor and it would take me nearly a half a roll of paper towels to soak it up, not even including the additional towels needed to clean out the stains and odors left behind.

I don’t have any dogs, nor do I have any experience housetraining any animal, and usually only patronize cat aisles when shopping. One day while passing the dog aisle I realized I had been wasting so much time and effort manually cleaning her messes when I could just be purchasing puppy pads and placing them in the spots she frequented. I tried a couple of different varieties but had the best luck with the OUT Moisture Lock Extra Large Training Pads.

These pads are significantly larger than traditional puppy pads. They measure 28 inches by 30 inches when others measure 22 by 22 inches. Oreo was by now also losing her sight to glaucoma and was not always being quite as accurate. Getting ...

• the much larger versions of the puppy pads significantly reduced accidents due to her not quite standing on the pad or oversaturating it and having it spill over the sides. I placed the pad in her most frequently used spot right in the corner. Since the pad is so large I can place it on the floor while having enough room to pull the sides so that they overlap with the wall, totally eliminating the possibility of urine leaking off the smaller pads and into the corner of the room. When she would leak in the corner, it would be absorbed into the decorative bead board which I was not able to clean. She took up urinating in a couple other spots and I had success placing the pads in those spots as well. She also occasionally has loose stools and she does sometimes eliminate on the puppy pads for that as well. Cleaning up the urine was bad, but cleaning up the feces was nearly unbearable. I
        was so grateful that the puppy pads were able to completely absorb a variety of accidents. I’ve never had any issues with the urine leaking out of the pad and through to the floor, and Oreo can really put it to the test by thoroughly saturating it.

I now no longer need to clean up urine at all. It’s so much nicer and easier to know that if this is a problem I will probably have to deal with for a while, it can be easily controlled and cleanup is as easy as folding up the used pad and placing it in the trash. I highly recommend these pads to anyone not just for pet and puppy use, but also to put underneath litter boxes to catch litter and keep it from being tracked all over your house. I had success doing this while we remodeled our kitchen and I needed to move the pets to bedrooms to ensure they would not get in the way of the workers or escape outside.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2927061581860830/k2311a0627/6.27.12