Lawlers Lemon Blast Cheesecake
  • I love cheesecake and I am always looking for a new creation to try, which is how I came across Lawler’s lemon blast cheesecake at my local Sam’s Club
  • However, seeing how much I would be prepping and cooking, I decided it was best that I purchase a cheesecake because my family loves them
  • What I like best about the Lawler’s lemon blast cheesecake is that it is precut
  • I think what made this cheesecake work for me is that fact the meringue was replaced by whipped cream

• by C.Channing

I love cheesecake and I am always looking for a new creation to try, which is how I came across Lawler’s lemon blast cheesecake at my local Sam’s Club.

Originally I was not going to purchase any desserts because I wanted to make one from scratch for Mother’s Day. However, seeing how much I would be prepping and cooking, I decided it was best that I purchase a cheesecake because my family loves them.

I am familiar with Lawler’s brand of cheesecake so I knew anything cheesecake they make would be good, and it was the perfect

substitution for Cheesecake Factory’s brand of cheesecake because they continually raise their prices.

What I like best about the Lawler’s lemon blast cheesecake is that it is precut; therefore, I nor others had to worry about cutting a precise slice of cheesecake. There are twelve slices of the cheesecake and they all are separated by folded wax paper, so all we had to do is pull and go.

I am not really a fan of lemon meringue pie because I always taste different ones—some good and some bad—however, this lemon blast cheesecake reminded me of that ...

• which was not bad because Lawler’s managed to make it work. The cheesecake came together perfectly and the lemon flavor was perfect throughout the cake. I like how there is a swirl of lemon custard on top of the cheesecake which is full of lemon and lemon zest and it is so good.

I think what made this cheesecake work for me is that fact the meringue was replaced by whipped cream. I am not too big on meringue on pies which is probably why I liked this cheesecake despite the close comparison to the lemon

meringue pie. The box said the crust was made from a cookie, and it tasted more like a wafer instead of the basic graham cracker crust. Either way, the cheesecake crust was good.

Overall, my idea to purchase the Lawler’s lemon blast cheesecake was a good decision after all. It was hit with everyone at dinner and I did not have to worry about cleaning up a mess because the cheesecake was precut. I like this twist on the lemon meringue pie, and the swirl of lemon custard on top of the cheesecake was to die for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2725061581680530/k2311a0625/6.25.12