Bepanthen Nappy Rash Ointment
  • Once my son's tooth had come through the nappy rash diminished somewhat, but I continued to use Bepanthen because I was hoping to avoid it happening again - now, several months later, he's had a few incidences of nappy rash but they have not been severe at all and extra smotherings with the ointment have ensured his skin has remained soft and fairly unbroken throughout

• by roundabout

I’ve always used Sudocream on my children’s bottoms at nappy change time, so was a little stuck when I realised my son’s skin didn’t tolerate it very well. I first came across Bepanthen after receiving a small sample of it, luckily it arrived at a time where I really needed some kind of barrier cream for my son as he was developing nappy rash for the first time due to early teething.

Bepanthen is not the nicest cream to use; whereas Sudocream and other barriers of this nature generally have a cold and creamy consistency, Bepanthen is much stickier with a thick ointment texture that makes it more awkward to spread

neatly than if you were using a cream.  I find it’s easier to squeeze the Bepanthen directly onto my son’s bottom and use a finger to spread it where it needs to be - the less you get on your hands the better, believe me!

Once you’ve applied the ointment you should put baby’s nappy on immediately as this stuff can mark fabrics quickly and badly. It’s important you don’t wipe your slippy Bepanthen fingers on the inside of the nappy as is common when using other types of barrier cream, this is because Bepanthen seems to lessen the absorbency of the nappy and this could lead to leaking if you’re

not careful.

As a preventative measure Bepanthen is fantastic, stopping all signs of nappy rash in it’s tracks. Obviously if your baby has a nappy rash caused by teething issues a cream isn’t going to stop it coming through as it’s a symptom of the teething itself, but used regularly it can help to alleviate the suffering even of an established rash. Once my son’s tooth had come through the nappy rash diminished somewhat, but I continued to use Bepanthen because I was hoping to avoid it happening again - now, several months later, he’s had a few incidences of nappy rash but they have not been severe at all and ...

• Bepanthen Nappy Rash Ointment
      extra smotherings with the ointment have ensured his skin has remained soft and fairly unbroken throughout.

For me Bepanthen came into it’s own when my son had an upset stomach, he had nasty (very nasty!) diarrhoea for a few days which I was concerned was going to cause him to get a rash as so often happens when babies have more dirty nappies than usual. I used thicker coatings of the Bepanthen at every single nappy change during this period and aside from a slight redness on his bottom he ended up with no skin issues relating to the diarrhoea. Thank god!

I shall continue to use Bepanthen while I need to as

it’s such a kind nappy product that I honestly do believe that my sons health (or at least his comfort!) has benefitted from it. It might not be the nicest to use, but it works to both prevent and clear up nappy rash - and anything that keeps my son healthy certainly gets my vote. Recently my eldest daughter had a tattoo, when the tattooist saw her baby brother be asked if I used Bepanthen - when I said yes he recommended my daughter use it on her tattoo as the formulation is apparently perfect for keeping the skin soft and well moisturised in order for the tattoo to heal properly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5425061581580530/k2311a0625/6.25.12