Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch  » Phones  »
  • I got this phone the week it was released for full price at a sprint store and have been using it ever since (about ten months)- I have been utterly impressed with the device
  • I rarely write reviews, but this phone has been consistently amazing ever since I received it in the mail a few days ago
  • I paid full price for it when I came out, but I think it might be free on a two year contract now (which makes it a steal)
  • The result is you can throw any graphically intensive game at it, and it will chomp it no problem
  • Overall, this is the best Android smartphone available on Sprint, and in my opinion, one of the best phones available

• by jr_wal92

I got this phone the week it was released for full price at a sprint store and have been using it ever since (about ten months)- I have been utterly impressed with the device! I rarely write reviews, but this phone has been consistently amazing ever since I received it in the mail a few days ago. I paid full price for it when I came out, but I think it might be free on a two year contract now (which makes it a steal).

There are three words to describe this phone thin, light, and FAST!!! It feels like air in your pocket at just 4.55 ounces, the textured back gives good grip, and the picture taking and recording quality and is superb!

I’m not sure what kind of magic Samsung put into its Dual Core Exynos 1.2Ghz processor, but it has consistently beat other (higher clock speed) phones over the past year,

even besting the Galaxy Nexus in Quadrant scores. The result is you can throw any graphically intensive game at it, and it will chomp it no problem. So far, I’ve installed modern combat 3 and nova 3 and both games play at a level that rivals most current generation video game consoles. It’s really impressive, a portable console with such great gaming capabilities that is also a phone!.

As far as the screen, there’s no equal, period. Although the resolution is 800×480, the sub pixel accuracy combined with the technology of super amoled plus produce a bright screen with the best contrast ratio on any phone out today. Samsung is setting a high standard when it comes to its screens. Next to an iphone 4gs the colors cant even compare. The colors and contrast ratio beats the iphone’s 100:1 While certain screens have higher dpi, this is more than offset by how vibrant the ...

• screen is.

I must comment on Touchwiz 4.0, it is by far the most fluid Android skin that I have ever encountered. Furthermore, the motion gestures are actually useful, allowing you to swich home screens with one hand while moving icons/widgets. Oh, and the widget menu is actually intuitive! A swipe at the bottom of the screen allows you to quickly pick and place any widget exactly how you like to. What also helps, is the widgets have a ‘predictive’ placeholder enabled which allow you to see if it will actually fit on the home page before trying to place it there. Seven home screens available at first, with complete customization of app tray icons as well as folder creation round out the package. Excellent.

Battery life is outstanding. With 4G and Wifi enabled, I was happy to find out I had a good 40% battery left after fifteen hours of light use. This phone can

easilly last two days with minimal use, it sips power.

The speakerphone is good, but not the loudest. You won’t be craking tunes off this bad boy, but it does the job fine.

Call quality is great on the sprint network, no dropped calls. As an added bonus, there is a 4G toggle switch bulit into the notification bar. But honestly, there’s never really a reason to disable it.

Notification light! There is one, it’s grand. Thank you, Sprint, for slapping one on.

The Camera is fantastic, capable of recording 1080p video. The only caveat is, I wish you could launch the camera from the lock screen with Touchwiz. It’s such an easy fix, and I know alot of people want to jump right into taking pictures.

Overall, this is the best Android smartphone available on Sprint, and in my opinion, one of the best phones available. I cant wait to see what the galaxy s III has to offer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3725061581470430/k2311a0625/6.25.12