Conair Ultimate Fabric Steamer  » Housewares  »
  • The fabric steamer I purchased was the Conair ultimate fabric steamer, and it would have cost me seventy dollars but I had plenty of reward points on my cards that I was able to knock down the price to forty-three dollars
  • When I opened the box it came in to use it for the first time, I was a little taken back because I dislike assembling anything
  • I was a little frustrated with the directions for the pole because it said I had to assemble the rods in their numerical order, but after examining the rods I noticed they did not have any numbers on them
  • I like that the water tank is detachable because it made filling it a lot easier, and then I realized it being detachable was the only way it would work because the nozzle points downward on the base of the steamer
  • I have never had a fabric steamer prior to this one so I thought the price was high in the beginning

• by C.Channing

I am not afraid to admit that I hate to iron my clothes, and not because I do not like to walk around wrinkle free but because of all the tedious steps that goes into ironing. I have to plug in the iron and wait for it to heat up, and get the ironing board from the closet and set it up. Those steps may not seem like a lot, but they are pretty tedious and ironing, for me, seems like it takes forever to get through. So when I saw a fabric steamer in Kmart I knew I could finally get rid of my iron and ironing board.

The fabric steamer I purchased was the Conair ultimate fabric steamer, and it would have cost me seventy dollars but I had plenty of reward points on my cards that I was able to knock down the price to forty-three dollars. I did not have to bother with any shipping because the steamer was available in the store and for some odd reason it is not available online.

When I opened the box it came in to use it for the first time, I was a little taken back because I dislike assembling anything.

However, the only things I had to assemble were the pole which the hose hangs on, and I had to attach the hose to the base of the steamer and that was it. I was a little frustrated with the directions for the pole because it said I had to assemble the rods in their numerical order, but after examining the rods I noticed they did not have any numbers on them. Therefore I had to carefully look at the picture on the box which helped me put the pole together properly. I like that the water tank is detachable because it made filling it a lot easier, and then I realized it being detachable was the only way it would work because the nozzle points downward on the base of the steamer.

I like that the fabric steamer has wheels which allows me to move the steamer any place throughout my home, but I only use it in my room to steam clothes and bedding items. I like how despite its height it is not hard to store and does not take up any room. I am able to store it in the corner of my room. I also like ...

• that it has a lit on and off switch so I know that it is on which helps prevents any accidents such as a steam burn.

The Conair ultimate fabric steamer is 1200 watts which is an older model, and the only con about it is that it does not have the built in hanger that a lot of the newer models have. However, I have learned to make it work and I have no problems steaming my clothes, but I do wish it had that extra item.

The main thing I like about the fabric steamer is how quickly it heats up. It takes no longer the one minute for it to fully heat up, and the steam is quite hot which is why I am so careful with handling it. The moment I begin to steam my clothes the wrinkles immediately disappear without any work on my part, and I have never had any issue with water spots on my clothes. I like that when I am finished there is a resting piece which sits at the top of the pole for the hose to go. It may seem as if it will not balance properly because of how thin the

pole is but it balances well, but I still keep it in the corner of my room for that just in case moment.

It was a stroke of luck that I came across the Conair ultimate fabric steamer because I probably would still be using my old iron to remove wrinkles from my clothes. The assembly of the fabric steamer was straightforward, although the pole was a small issue for me. Once I added the water and switched the power on it immediately heated up which is one of my favorite things about the steamer. It barely takes up storage space and it has wheels allowing you to be mobile and versatile where you can steam your clothes. I have never had a fabric steamer prior to this one so I thought the price was high in the beginning. However, I was able to bring the price down thanks to my reward points, and I realized that it is a great product and I can understand the pricing. The steamer is an item that can be put on layaway which is good if this product was out of my budget. Overall, it is easy to use and has completely replaced my iron.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5325061581440430/k2311a0625/6.25.12