Jones New York Signature Stripped Blazer  » Clothes  »
  • I love a great blazer because I think they can take a boring outfit and make it chic
  • My wardrobe is definitely weak when it comes to blazers, which is why I was on the hunt for new ones
  • When I was in the dressing room trying on the blazer, I noticed the inside had shoulder pads which are high unnoticeable on the inside while I was wearing it as well as on the outside
  • I dislike shoulder pads in anything so the fact that it was unnoticeable to me while I was wearing it was a plus
  • Although I found myself nearly choking when I handed over my debit card, I still think I made a great wardrobe investment by snatching up a really great blazer

• by C.Channing

I love a great blazer because I think they can take a boring outfit and make it chic. My wardrobe is definitely weak when it comes to blazers, which is why I was on the hunt for new ones. I was in Dillard’s when I came across Jones New York signature stripped blazer.

My mom lives in blazers so when she told me Jones New York Signature clothing company is great with tailoring, especially when it comes to their suits and separate blazers and jackets. I am not stranger to prints and vibrant colors, so it is no surprise that I was drawn to the beautifully tailored navy and white stripped blazer.

The Jones New York Signature blazer incorporates everything I love about blazers: chic, classic, and tailored. When

I was in the dressing room trying on the blazer, I noticed the inside had shoulder pads which are high unnoticeable on the inside while I was wearing it as well as on the outside. I dislike shoulder pads in anything so the fact that it was unnoticeable to me while I was wearing it was a plus.

I love how the sleeve hits right at my wrist because it means the designer was perfect with their measurement of the sleeve from the shoulder to the wrist. Even with a bend in my arm the sleeve only raises slightly. I cannot stand when a sleeve goes beyond my wrist because that means I have to waste money to have the sleeve shortened. I pretty much end up doing ...

• what the designer should have done from the start.

The inside of the blazer is lined with navy blue lining which I like because when I have the blazer open, you can catch a glimpse of the blue that stands out boldly. You also get a glimpse of it even when the blazer is buttoned up. Another thing I like about the blazer is that the hem hits perfectly at my waist which is what I need for my body type because somehow it lengthens my short torso. I also like how the waist is defined in this blazer which helps show off my small waist which is always a plus if I can appropriately show off my waist and curves. It is also one of those versatile

blazers that you can style with practically anything.

The blazer itself is rather expensive being in the price range of 139.00; however, quality and well tailored blazers and jackets are worth the extra money because you want them to last, not to mention they are very versatile pieces to have in your closet. Although I found myself nearly choking when I handed over my debit card, I still think I made a great wardrobe investment by snatching up a really great blazer. It is tailored perfectly to my body and I love the length of the sleeve and the hem, and it feels as if it was made solely for me which is how all clothes should make you feel when you are about to make a purchase.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5525061581420430/k2311a0625/6.25.12