Pirates of the Caribbean II  » Movies  »
  • My personal bias will come through here, as Johnny Depp has never disappointed me

• by Emily Valentino
      My personal bias will come through here, as Johnny Depp has never disappointed me. He doesn’t fail in this movie either, playing the charismatic, hilarious, brilliant Captain Jack Sparrow. The opening scene with him as the leader of a

group of savages is enough to cast this movie among the greats. The make-up artist for this scene should be commended, as the fake eyes drawn over Depp’s eyes were incredible. I will admit, the giant octupus and the ...

• special effects on Davey Jones isn’t the greatest the world has ever seen, but Depp, Bloom, and Knightley are fantastic. The love triangle between the three main characters is particularly intriguing. Does Knightley love Depp? Does her heart “truly
        lie” with Bloom? Which man will win her heart in the end? The three work so well together that I can’t decide how I want the third movie to end, nor can I wait to find out how it does end.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11505158140231/k2311a055/5.5.07