DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask
  • I enjoyed their sulfur mask as a spot treatment and full facial product, but without subscribing to the full line of products I didn’t think I would be able to continue to receive it
  • I found DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask as a replacement and purchased it for $40
  • I like that it’s very easy to really dig your fingers in and get a big glop of product
  • After each use of this product I notice a significant reduction in oil production
  • I will probably need to purchase the product elsewhere, but I enjoy it so much that I will most likely continue to purchase it elsewhere

• by cmurray081981

I’ve had issues with acne all my life, though it’s gotten much better after age 25. I used to use Proactiv products but they eventually stopped working for me. I enjoyed their sulfur mask as a spot treatment and full facial product, but without subscribing to the full line of products I didn’t think I would be able to continue to receive it. I headed to Sephora to try and find a replacement sulfur mask to help fight and control acne breakouts.

I found DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask as a replacement and purchased it for $40. The product comes in a large 4 ounce sized tub. I like that it’s very easy to really dig your fingers in and get a big glop of product. I try to use the product once a week but have not done so religiously. Instead I’d estimate it’s more like once every two weeks and I like to use a lot of the

product to ensure thick coverage. However, I don’t think it’s necessary. I could probably use half of what I normally use and get the same results. Still, I’m just beginning to run out about a year later.

Anyone who’s ever used products with sulfur in them knows that they don’t have a very pleasant aroma. Proactiv’s sulfur mask smells like rotten eggs. This mask by DDF still has an unusual scent, but it’s certainly not unpleasant. I’d say it even has a fresh scent that helps to make your face feel even cleaner. The product was clearly made in a way that delivers the benefits of sulfur while cutting down on the pungent smell.

After each use of this product I notice a significant reduction in oil production. I use it at night and when I wake up I don’t have the usual slick finish on my face. I also like to use it when I get a big, painful,

• red acne inflammation. Popping acne causes scars on my face, not to mention the threat of bacteria spreading and causing even more acne surrounding the original spot. Using this mask is a much better alternative to shrink and heal the acne. The next morning I find that the acne is much less red and painful and has shrunk about 50 percent. I believe the product also helps to reduce the likelihood of further breakouts. It’s obvious that when I neglect to use this mask as often as I should that my breakouts are more frequent and painful.

What I don’t care for when I use this product is washing it off. The product dries quickly and has the typical consistency of a clay mask when it’s dried on your skin. It takes a bit of time and a lot of water to loosen up the dried product and then it takes a minute or two more of rubbing the

product to get it off my face. The product doesn’t seem to get in my eyes even when I can see that I accidentally coated some of it on my lashes while applying it since it doesn’t sting or burn while washing if off. After I’ve finished washing it off a few minutes later, then my eyes start to burn and water. I then have to use a tissue to try and blot out the product so that my eyes stop burning and I can get some sleep. This is the only drawback to using this product. I have also noticed that Sephora no longer carries this mask, which is disappointing. I like purchasing from Sephora so that I can get the free samples along with what I need to maintain my skin care regimen. I will probably need to purchase the product elsewhere, but I enjoy it so much that I will most likely continue to purchase it elsewhere.

DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125061581300430/k2311a0625/6.25.12