1886 Crescent Hotel and Spa  » Hotels  »
75 Prospect Avenue Eureka Springs, AR 72632
  • I have visited many places in the USA and many locations that were supposedly haunted, but the Crescent Hotel was one of the ghost locations I have been to that I actually enjoyed
  • The Crescent Hotel is supposedly haunted and while in the area, I decided to see if I saw any ghosts or experienced anything paranormal
  • Because after doing some research, I found out that this was one of the most haunted hotels in America
  • If not, I would not be disappointed in my expectations
  • Sadly, I didn’t see or experience anything paranormal, but this was one of the more interesting ghost tours I have been on

• by sarahdragon26

I have visited many places in the USA and many locations that were supposedly haunted, but the Crescent Hotel was one of the ghost locations I have been to that I actually enjoyed. I wasn’t blown over by the ghosts and the paranormal activity, but it was enjoyable.

The Crescent Hotel is supposedly haunted and while in the area, I decided to see if I saw any ghosts or experienced anything paranormal. I didn’t really see the place as a hotel, myself. It seemed more like an attraction to me. Because after doing some research, I found out that this was one of the most haunted hotels in America. Or at least according to one of the lists I had read. People have had some very strange things happen to them at the Crescent Hotel. I was not looking forward to anything. If something happened, I would be surprised. If not,

I would not be disappointed in my expectations.

I was staying at another location in the area when I read about the Crescent Hotel, so I was not a hotel guest. I signed up for the nightly ghost tours that the hotel provides to visitors and such. I was frankly expecting to be blown over by the staffs acting and showmanship. But the tour guide was actually very truthful about the experiences of people at the hotel, speaking in normal tones. He told the tour group about the stories guests had told the staff members. He didn’t put on a show. Just told the stories and explained who the people might be who are haunting the hotel. I was glad to see the tour guide just telling us the information instead of trying to put on a show. He also explained that several ghost hunting groups from around the USA were ...

• doing ongoing investigations into the haunting of the hotel. Which was true because that was how I found out the hotel was haunted in the first place. By a ghost hunting group called Sci-Fi’s Ghost Hunters.

Yet, I shouldn’t have been surprised to find that one of the tour group members was overly excited by the supposed ghosts and went on to impress themselves on the rest of the group. There always seems to be one in every tour guide that wants to be the center of the attention for everyone. Whether it be ghost hunting or any other type of tour. The man kept saying that when guests check into the Crescent Hotel, they don’t check out. I couldn’t help but to laugh at the poor man. I told him that he had been going to Walt Disney World too much. He must have ridden the Haunted Mansion ride too

much and taken it a little too seriously. Because once you enter the Haunted Mansion, there’s no turning back. After that comment, I don’t think I heard a word out of that man afterwards.

Since it was just me who took the tour, it was 18 dollars and I got the tickets in advance. I had called the hotel earlier in the morning to set up my place in the tour. And the hotel was very well kept, clean, and pleasant.

Sadly, I didn’t see or experience anything paranormal, but this was one of the more interesting ghost tours I have been on. The tour guide explained much about the hotel’s history and stories about the people who were believed to be ghosts in the hotel. I wasn’t disappointed about not seeing any ghosts because I learned something educational. I would have liked to have seen a ghost, but learning history is fun, too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 222061581100730/k2311a0622/6.22.12