Viva Body Lotion by Fergie for Avon  » Cosmetics  »
  • I've been very impressed with the recent collaborations with famous faces though and one of my favourite lines is the fragrances by Fergie
  • After loving her perfumes I decided to try out the matching body products that accompany each scent and this review focuses on 'Viva' body lotion by Fergie
  • I have since purchased the body spray and the lotion with the same delicate fragrance though this review is solely about my experience of wearing the body lotion
  • Viva body lotion is available to buy from Avon priced at £4.50 for a 150ml tube which to be honest seems a little expensive in my opinion but as I was really taken with the EDT I was prepared to pay the price though have since seen it is free when you buy the EDT
  • I am glad I bought this but I don't think I will buy it again in the future unless the price is reduced as it's expensive for what it actually is

• by TickTock

I have been a lifelong fan of Avon but have also found over the years that certain products can be hit or miss with me so I’m always slightly hesitant when trying something new. I’ve been very impressed with the recent collaborations with famous faces though and one of my favourite lines is the fragrances by Fergie. After loving her perfumes I decided to try out the matching body products that accompany each scent and this review focuses on ‘Viva’ body lotion by Fergie.

I will now share with you my thoughts on the product.

I was so impressed recently when I ordered Viva EDT by Fergie that I wanted to try out the matching body products which were also available. I have since purchased the body spray and the lotion with the same delicate fragrance though this review is solely about my experience of wearing the body lotion.

was really taken with the EDT I was prepared to pay the price though have since seen it is free when you buy the EDT. Viva is described as a captivating blend of of cool herbs, fierce lavender and intriguing vetiver and is part f the the floral group which is not really something I go for as a rule but there is something enchanting about this scent. The EDT is lovely but because it tends to fade I thought if I bought the body collection I could help maintain the scent throughout the day by layering the different products and this is where this lotion has been a god send.

Viva body lotion comes housed in an easy to open tube type vessel which is a soft lavender in colour and has a matching logo on the front to the EDT. There is nothing flashy about the packaging as it’s quite basic but the sedate colouring of the tube means it doesn’t look out of place when sitting on my bathroom shelf.

On opening the tube the beautiful aroma of ...

• Viva emits and is actually stronger than I had imagined it to be, for some reason I thought it would be far more subtle but it is actually quite a rich and very strong in scent. The lotion has a smooth and creamy consistency and has a premium feel to it which does justify it’s more expensive price tag I feel.

On applying this lotion to my skin I felt it started to melt in almost straight away and my legs in particular felt incredibly hydrated. I used this all over my body but avoided the delicate facial area and most of my neck, concentrating on my upper body and my legs. After about 30 minutes my skin started to feel slightly tight and my legs had a taut feeling so I reapplied the lotion again and this time my skin felt lovely and soft for the remainder of the day.

The fragrance actually seems far more subtle when the lotion is applied to the skin and it does start to fade after around 2 hours which is slightly disappointing though if used

in conjunction with other Viva fragranced products then the scent is noticeable for longer.

Would I recommend this to others? I would say only buy this if you already own the EDT as it works well for layering purposes but as a lotion on it’s own it leaves a lot to be desired. I have to apply quite a lot as the lotion just soaks in to the skin and leaves it feeling thirsty so it’s by no means an economical buy and the scent alone is barely noticeable when the lotion is on the skin despite being stronger in essence whilst still in the tube.

I am going to give this a score of 6 out of 10 as I feel it is just okay in the moisturising stakes but because it helps to make the Viva fragrance last longer when layered then it is worth trying out at least. I am glad I bought this but I don’t think I will buy it again in the future unless the price is reduced as it’s expensive for what it actually is.

Stick to just the EDT.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122061581090730/k2311a0622/6.22.12