Kesslers Diamonds  » Jewelry  »
17260 W Bluemound Rd Brookfield, WI 53045
  • First, I have to say I am disappointed in how early they close during the week
  • Unfortunately we wanted to be at my fiancee’s parent’s house by that time
  • I was not at all impressed by what was offered online and did note that the store inventory was different at each of their 5 locations
  • My only complaints about the experience are that Michelle did not really educate us on the 4 C’s of selecting a diamond

• by cmurray081981

I recently got engaged and am looking for the perfect ring. Kesslers Diamonds is a heavily advertised business in the southeastern Wisconsin area and they pride themselves on their level of customer service and that they only sell diamonds. Logically would seem to make it an ideal place to look for engagement rings. My fiancee and I headed over there on a Friday afternoon about a half hour before they closed.

First, I have to say I am disappointed in how early they close during the week. Once my fiancee and I put in our 8 hour workdays, work out or get errands done and eat dinner it’s after 7 pm and the store is closed. Not that it’s a huge deal to rearrange our tasks but it would be nice if we didn’t have to. We also wanted to head over to the store on a Sunday before we had to celebrate Father’s Day with both our families but they didn’t open until noon. Unfortunately we wanted to be at my fiancee’s parent’s house by that time. It seems like every other mainstream jewelry store opens around 9-10 am and closes at 9 pm during the week. I would have liked to have my ring picked out and sized as soon

as possible and with their hours it’s more difficult to get this task accomplished.

Secondly, I am a bit disappointed with the selection available on their website. I was not at all impressed by what was offered online and did note that the store inventory was different at each of their 5 locations. If I saw something I liked online it may only be available at a store 40 miles away. I couldn’t imagine they would make me drive to that location to get the ring, but it still takes time and perhaps expense to ship the piece to the other store before I could even look at it in person.

That being said, I was not optimistic about finding a ring I’d love at the store. We went to the location in Brookfield, WI and we were greeted immediately upon our arrival by Michelle. She was very polite, energetic and personable. She asked us right away if we wanted something to drink. Since it was 85 degrees and humid outside it was great to be offered water after a half hour drive. Michelle asked me what kind of style I was interested in, and with only knowing that my preference was for round or square cut diamonds and that I liked an ...

• antique style, she immediately picked out rings that were beautiful and exactly what I was looking for. I was amazed at how well she did at predicting what I would like. She even picked out the ring I am most leaning towards selecting.

After about a half hour of looking at their selection, I had narrowed down my search to two rings. Michelle gave us a lot of information about how each ring was resized, how the diamonds were selected for sale by the business and how long it would take to get the finished product. She was very informative and helpful and even emailed high quality pictures to my fiancee for our own reference as well as to show my parents. At no point did she ever try to pressure us into a sale on the spot. Not only that, but she stayed with us until after the store closed to ensure all our questions were answered.

My only complaints about the experience are that Michelle did not really educate us on the 4 C’s of selecting a diamond. One of my two selected rings was set with a diamond and would be sold as-is, but the other was fitted with a cubic zirconia and she informed us that if that

was the ring I selected we’d need to pick a diamond for it. She didn’t give us much information about what variety of diamonds we could select but did let us know they did not even select diamonds that didn’t meet their exacting criteria for clarity and color. The ring itself would hold 0.75 square emerald so we would not have to make decisions in that area. I also wish she would have included pricing in the email she sent. We are aware that the price can vary depending on the quality of the diamond but it would be nice to have a frame of reference or at least the price for the setting.

Overall, I had a near perfect experience shopping at Kessler. Even though I’ve only traveled to one other jeweler so far the warm experience and quality of their products make me inclined to choose Kesslers as our jeweler. The only reasons not to give the store a perfect score of 10 are due to the inadequate hours of operation and variance in store inventory. I plan to travel to another Kesslers location to view their inventory and it’s a slight pain to have to travel to different locations of the same business in order to view as much inventory as possible.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4521061580990730/k2311a0621/6.21.12