Kalstar Air
1.5
  • Later I noticed that there were about 50% empty seats in this small flight with two stewardesses, but I did not realize that this is a signal of customer’s distrust
  • I was happy with the way Kalstar managed this so I could fly back to Pontianak on the same day and was able to catch my next flight from Pontianak to Jakarta in that very afternoon

• by Pusaka

During my one week visit to Pontianak (Indonesia), I planned to have a one day tour and stay a night in Kuching (Malaysia) as the air distance between both cities is only 50 minutes. Until April 2012 there were only two air carriers connecting Pontianak and Kuching.

I chose Kalstar as it serves daily transportation between the two cities.

In that early Saturday morning in April 2012, a number of Kalstar passengers were there in the waiting room of

Pontianak airport.

Boarding time was overdue for 30 minutes without any announcement.

On the departure monitor, it stated that our flight was to take off at 08:05, but five minutes later it was deleted leaving no information whatsoever about our flight! It was really bad.

Later I noticed that there were about 50% empty seats in this small flight with two stewardesses, but I did not realize that this is a signal of customer’s distrust.

There was nothing special ...

• on the way, and we arrived safely at Kuching airport.

In the next morning we were too early to arrive at the airport, so we were waiting for the Kalstar check-in counter to open.

To my surprise that Kalstar flight to Pontianak was canceled for the day.

I went to Kalstar office at Kuching airport and noticed that there were only eight passengers including myself suffering the same fate.

It seemed that the lack of passengers made this company to

cancel the flight.

All of us were transferred to another air carrier.

I was happy with the way Kalstar managed this so I could fly back to Pontianak on the same day and was able to catch my next flight from Pontianak to Jakarta in that very afternoon.

However I was not happy as this company did not give any cancellation advice in advance, so we had to spend unnecessary hours at the airport and no compensation was given.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4020061580910730/k2311a0620/6.20.12