The Raid Redemption (2011 movie)
  • I didn’t really care about the martial arts at first, thinking that it is quite similar to kickboxing but then when I saw how he handled weapons, and simple weapons like a Baton and combat knife for example, it was amazing how these simple weapons were wielded and how deadly these can be when used properly
  • Most of the comments that I see in IMDB are comprised of people being so impressed at the action scenes

• by asg

I am a fan of international movies, so when I saw this movie called The Raid Redemption, I immediately looked it up in Youtube to look at the trailer. I liked it, and then proceeded to watch the movie. This movie stars Indonesian actors and was written and produced by Gareth Evans. The main actor of this movie is Iko Uwais who is apparently one of the champions in Silat, a traditional martial art in Indonesia. Garteh Evans made a documentary about a Silat school and met Iko Uwais, and then eventually made a movie showcasing the

art of Silat. This was the birth of the movie The Raid Redemption which is called Serbuan Muat (as the original title).

The storyline is simple. SWAT was assigned to do a raid on a building owned by a mob boss. All they had to do was take him down. However, little did they know that there are lots of thugs/tenants in this building and anyone who could kill SWAT members will have free rent for life. However, despite the simplicity of the story, the real highlight of the movie is emphasized through the action sequences.

I must say,

the current rating of this film in IMDB is 8.1 and scored a high 73/100 in Metacritic. I will personally give it a 9/10. The story starts of a little slow, and then when the action starts, you don’t notice how long the movie is. I mean, the action sequences are so raw and rough, brutal at times, but it really, really is very astonishing to see the art of Silat being performed by one of its champions. I was really, really amazed at the seamless fight scenes. I don’t think any American movie can top this ...

• The Raid Redemption (2011 movie)
      one off, especially when I saw how great the action sequences were, Silat is really a quick martial arts skill that is amazingly fast and very deadly. I didn’t really care about the martial arts at first, thinking that it is quite similar to kickboxing but then when I saw how he handled weapons, and simple weapons like a Baton and combat knife for example, it was amazing how these simple weapons were wielded and how deadly these can be when used properly!

All I can say is that, give this movie a chance. This will really open

your eyes as to how great the art of the martial art is. The story was just a supporting add-on to the beauty of the action. The fight scenes were insanely surprising. I would never ever see anything like it anywhere else. Most of the comments that I see in IMDB are comprised of people being so impressed at the action scenes. I must say, try to watch this and see for yourself. I was so entertained! I cant’ believe I just saw it now! Make sure to not have kids around though because of the violence and the gore.

Anurag says :

I so love this movie. It is by far the best action movie i have seen apart from the Rambo and the Expandable series :)

Gina says :

I enjoyed this movie too. It was fast paced and really exciting. I enjoy watching martial arts movies and this movie did not disappoint.

Mackenzie says :

Some of the best action filmmaking ever

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1119061580890130/k2311a0619/6.19.12