Wrath of the Titans (2012 movie)  » Movies  »
  • In fact I never really enjoyed the Clash of the Titans movie so much
  • I tried reading on some Greek mythology but unfortunately I couldn’t find any basis for the story presented in this movie
  • The death of the gods and resurrection of Kronos were nowhere to be found in history, so I guess I was disappointed there

• by asg

I just recently saw the movie Wrath of the Titans. It is the sequel to the previous Greek mythology-based movie about Perseus which was entitled Clash of the Titans. This movie still has the original cast, like Sam Worthington as Perseus, Liam Neeson as Zeus, Ralph Fiennes as Hades, Rosamund Pike as Andromeda. It also stars Edgar Ramirez as Ares, Toby Kebbell as Agenor, and Bill Nighy as Hephaestus.

I didn’t have a lot of expectations with this movie. In fact I never really enjoyed the Clash of the Titans movie

so much. I don’t know why but for some reason the story was supposed to be based on the adventures of Perseus but I guess the execution of the movie was not as astounding as it was supposed to be. This time, I was literally wowed by the sequel! Wrath of the Titans is about Perseus battling the evils of Kronos, Ares and Hades. The Greek Gods were all being rounded up by Ares and Hades so that their powers will help their evil father Kronos, and it was now only up to the two demi-gods Perseus and Agenor (who is the son of Poseidon) to keep that from happening.

I must say, the special effects and CGI were seamless and great. I mean the fight scenes with the monsters were really believable and even the monsters themselves were created very, very well. I liked the part where Perseus and his party were being attacked by a pair of Cyclops. The action is intense and Sam Worthington did a great job with his role as Perseus. Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes ...

• Wrath of the Titans (2012 movie)
      as usual were great as Zeus and Hades, respectively, but mostly it was Sam and Toby Kebbell (familiar? He is in Prince of Persia, one of the Princes). Also the performance of Bill Nighy as the eccentric Hephaestus was really convincing (as also his performances in Pirates of the Carribean, as Davey Jones).

I tried reading on some Greek mythology but unfortunately I couldn’t find any basis for the story presented in this movie. The death of the gods and resurrection of Kronos were nowhere to be found in history,

so I guess I was disappointed there. And I was also expecting Pegasus to be a white horse, but the movie portrayed him as black.

So far, I enjoyed this movie more than the first one. This one has more action and more believable fighting scenes and more effective acting. To those who enjoyed the Clash of the Titans, you will enjoy this movie more. I wish I had seen it in 3D though, it would have been great. Nevertheless, Wrath of the Titans is enjoyable and most people will enjoy it too.

Leslie Ann Hunter says :

What was the place known as which was the place of Zeus’s captivity?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1119061580880130/k2311a0619/6.19.12