Walther PK380 handgun  » Other  »
  • I bought this gun 1 year ago and I really like it
  • I like this gun because the magazine is single stacked making the grip smaller, a buddy of mine with larger hands says that the grip fits comfortably in his hands as well
  • I would recommend getting at least 2 more because In my experience, I fire through the magazine pretty fast because it's so fun to shoot
  • The Magazines usually cost between $28-$35 which is a little steep

• by Vince Serna

The Walther PK380 is a pretty nice handgun. It’s easy to use and fun to shoot but it has it’s drawbacks.

I bought this gun 1 year ago and I really like it. It feels great in my hand. I have smaller hands so they aren’t able to wrap around the grip of most handguns. I like this gun because the magazine is single stacked making the grip smaller, a buddy of mine with larger hands says that the grip fits comfortably in his hands as well. The Slide on the gun is very easy and smooth to slide back to chamber a round making it an excellent

choice for women, people with arthritis, or people who don’t have good hand strength. The Walther does have a European style safety that takes some getting used to but I am quite used to it and I like it the way it is. The gun came with 1 magazine. I would recommend getting at least 2 more because In my experience, I fire through the magazine pretty fast because it’s so fun to shoot. The Magazines usually cost between $28-$35 which is a little steep. The sights on this gun are not so good, They are 3 dot sights like most handguns, but the 2 dots on ...

• the rear sight (the sight closest to the hammer) are spaced too far apart. This prevents proper alignment of the front and rear sights making the weapon inaccurate. I would recommend replacing the sights with high visibility sights for better accuracy. While I am talking about sights, If you are planning to use this gun as a concealed carry weapon (check local laws) just be aware that the front sight does tend to dig into the holster. The holster I have I put tape where the top of the gun goes so it will slide right out. When you are doing a DCOA (Disassemble, Clean, Oil, Assemble)
        just a heads up, the recoil spring (the long spring beneath the barrel) is about 3/4 of the gun’s length, this will need to be compressed and fitted back into position it may take several tries. don’t use flat nose ammo with this gun. I find that it’s 1mm too long and the slide won’t close completely and thus won’t fire.

All in all the walther pk380 is a wonderful handgun. It’s really fun to shoot, I really enjoy this handgun and would recommend it to everyone. Great for defensive use and for fun at the range. I would make some changes to the sights but other than that it’s excellent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1219061580850130/k2311a0619/6.19.12