Maison Espresso Machine  » Housewares  »
SOS Tarlac City, Philippines
  • That time I learned that there were industrial espresso machines amounting to hundred thousands of pesos
  • Though I know the item was very cheap for the price of 2500 pesos, I still tried to ask for some discounts but she said the price was mutually more than fair
  • I recommend this espresso maker for its affordability, durability, and above all for its quality

• by workingmom

I am a coffee lover. I am always frequent to coffee shops for a cup of steamy latte or sometimes for a glass of fancy frappe. Whenever I drink coffee, I always look for the bitter taste of espresso, be it hot or cold drink.

My passion for espresso-based drinks led me to the idea of buying my own espresso machine. I just wanted to say that it was not for luxury, it was another way to save money. I realized that if I would make my own espresso-based drink, I would save more or less 80 pesos (2 USD) a day and i would be able to self-train myself on making signatured barista blends.

I searched the internet for machine’s reviews and prices. Well, there were lots of brands and models to choose from. That time I learned that there

were industrial espresso machines amounting to hundred thousands of pesos. But I only need a small one since it’s for personal use only. A somehow good machine for home use was amounting to 13,000 pesos or 325 USD. That was the cheapest I could ever find.

Until I came across an advertisement of an online seller in sulit.com.ph: a brandnew Australian espresso machine for just 2500 pesos only or 63 USD, brand is Maison. This was amazing, I think. I read the item description thoroughly and checked the photos as well as the seller’s feedback. That time, I was 95% decided to get the machine. I called the number posted in the advertisement and my call was answered right away. Though I know the item was very cheap for the price of 2500 pesos, I still tried to ...

• ask for some discounts but she said the price was mutually more than fair. The seller was nice. She was very accommodating. She gave me the meet up schedule and we were all set. After two days, we met in Trinoma in Quezon City for the espresso machine. I was so excited to go home to try my espresso maker.

This Maison Espresso Machine has a 15 bar pressure pumps. The body is made up of 80% brushed stainless steel and 20% plastic. It has a removable water tank, a steaming wand used in making froth for cappuccino and paint-like milk for latte. It is a one-group espresso machine, meaning it has only one portafilter. It has a very low wattage of 1250w since it is meant for home use only.

What I liked most in Masion espresso machine

was the quality of espresso it produces. The espresso had no difference from the espresso produced by very expensive, heavy-duty machines. The crema is very thick and could last for hours. My friend who was using Krups at home told me that my espresso machine was far better than hers.

The only thing I could comment on Maison Espresso Machine is the unstable pressure of the steaming wand. Sometimes the steam was on its full pressure same with those bigger machines, sometimes the pressure of steam decreases to the point that I could not make a good milk for my latte.

It has been two years and I am still using my Maison Espresso Machine at home. I even purchased two more units and I reselled it. I recommend this espresso maker for its affordability, durability, and above all for its quality.

Shreya says :

Hi

How much did you buy the maison espresso machine for?
    Thanks
    Shreya

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5319061580751230/k2311a0619/6.19.12