Fiesta 16oz Multi-Coloured Striped Goblets (Scarlet Collection)  » Housewares  »
  • The glasses are dishwasher safe and I've been impressed by the fact the the coloured stripes running around the glass haven't rubbed off and are still as vibrant as they were when I first bought them
  • The chunky stem helps to keep the glasses safe (very thin stems are a no-no in this house as they make glassware seem so horribly fragile), watching my thirteen year old daughter wash her glass yesterday I saw the stem gave her something to grip while rinsing which in my opinion helps to ensure the glass isn't accidentally dropped into the sink or have some other bad fate befall it
  • Not that my thirteen year old washes up very often, maybe that's why I noticed this yesterday as it's such an uncommon occurrence
  • Overall I really recommend these lovely glasses, they not only look fantastic but also work as a glass should - ie

• by roundabout

Having four (clumsy) children and an equally clumsy partner means I get through a lot of glasses in my house, at one time I’d buy the cheapest I could find for this reason but I quickly realised that even glassware can be more substantial if you’re willing to spend a little more on it. Obviously if dropped from a height it’ll break, but as far as knocks against the taps and the odd bang go I’ve found that slightly more expensive glasses can cope far better.

For this reason I ordered a set of four goblet style glasses from Amazon earlier this year, made by the Fiesta brand the style suited my purposes and I loved the splash of colour around the outside.

The glasses hold 16oz of fluid and stand just under seven

inches high, the stem is a good thickness to ensure you can get a good grip whichever way you choose to hold them and the glass itself has a rotund and aesthetically pleasing shape. The glass feels like it’s good quality as it has a thickness that cheaper glasses simply doesn’t have, that’s not to say that it’s so thick as to be cumbersome as you drink but you can tell just from the feel that they’re made to the highest quality.

The glasses are dishwasher safe and I’ve been impressed by the fact the the coloured stripes running around the glass haven’t rubbed off and are still as vibrant as they were when I first bought them. These colours are very slim stripes so despite the fact that Fiesta have chosen to use ...

• bright colours there’s no way they’d ‘clash’ with any colour scheme you have going in either your kitchen or your glassware.

These glasses are lovely to drink from as the rim seems to be the perfect thickness, I find them best for enjoying thin drinks such as soda or water but obviously drinking a thicker beverage like a milkshake would be equally enjoyable. For some reason I don’t particularly enjoy drinking alcohol from these glasses - I’m not sure why, maybe it’s due to the fact that they are so much larger than the slimline tumblers I usually use when drinking alcohol. Whatever the reason, these aren’t the glasses I reach for when I want a proper drink!

I use these glasses on a pretty much daily basis and allow my older children to drink from

them too as long as they’re careful. The chunky stem helps to keep the glasses safe (very thin stems are a no-no in this house as they make glassware seem so horribly fragile), watching my thirteen year old daughter wash her glass yesterday I saw the stem gave her something to grip while rinsing which in my opinion helps to ensure the glass isn’t accidentally dropped into the sink or have some other bad fate befall it. Not that my thirteen year old washes up very often, maybe that’s why I noticed this yesterday as it’s such an uncommon occurrence!

Overall I really recommend these lovely glasses, they not only look fantastic but also work as a glass should - ie. making drinking from them fun and easy, while being a little stronger than cheaper glassware.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5318061580660930/k2311a0618/6.18.12