Archos 35 Smart Home Phone
1.0
  • Therefore, for me, the extra 8GB capacity is definitely a plus
  • Therefore, I think this device is missing the purpose as it lacks the ability to act as a hand held tablet and doesn't really improve the home phone experience
  • On the other hand, if I were to use this as a device for at home use, then it doesn't really offer the full experience
  • In my opinion, this is a bit of a waste as it lacks a purpose

• by MisterTickle

This concept is actually pretty cool having an Android home phone. Is it practical? I am still debating this quite a bit now. I have a landline home phone as it is included in my internet package. I don’t really need this Archos 35 Smart Home Phone, it is more as in I just want to try it out and play around with it. This phone is pretty simple actually. It is very similar to a regular smart phone, but slightly different. First of all, it is touch screen. It has a much bigger display at 3.5 inches. The internal storage is 8GB, which will allow me to store a lot more contacts now. For my current regular home phone, I can only store 30 contacts or

else it runs out of space. Therefore, for me, the extra 8GB capacity is definitely a plus. This phone comes with its own charging station and will be charging whenever it is not in use. I’m not exactly sure how long the battery life is as I haven’t used it enough to drain all the batteries.

This phone runs on Android 2.2. It does all the basic calling features very well. When someone calls me, the phone rings and I pick it up and talk like any other home phone. I am also not missing out on any features. I can put someone on speaker phone if I wanted. Features such as call waiting and caller ID are included, but your phone company must provide these features ...

• for you to actually use them. Luckily for me, my phone company does provide these features so I got a chance to try them out. These features all worked nicely. Nothing was extraordinary because I could’ve used these features on my regular home phone. I guess what separates this home phone and my regular home phone is the features the Archos provides.

Since the Archos 35 runs on Android, there are a lot of features that I can use. Therefore, I think this device is missing the purpose as it lacks the ability to act as a hand held tablet and doesn’t really improve the home phone experience. If I were to use the Archos 35 just as a home phone, I would be missing out on

a lot of Android features. There are a lot of Android applications including games, utilities, and other programs. Using it as a phone seems a bit of a waste as the whole purpose of Android is being missed out. On the other hand, if I were to use this as a device for at home use, then it doesn’t really offer the full experience. For example, if I use this device to check my emails and browse the web, it lacks the ability to multitask. The hardware components cannot compete with a tablet. I already have tablets in my house so I really don’t see the purpose of using this handheld instead of a tablet. In my opinion, this is a bit of a waste as it lacks a purpose.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1618061580600930/k2311a0618/6.18.12