Nurse Jackie TV Show  » TV  »
  • I was really disappointed to see that despite the fact that they changed it generally character, they did not change much else
  • I think thather the show would not have been successful at all
  • In The first season of the show, there was another very interesting character, male nurse who was Muslim and gay
  • The actor who played him did an amazing job and brought so much depth into the show, but he did not continue with it to the second season

• by ashlee

When I first heard about the TV show nurse , I did not know what to think about it. It seems like a spin off of to show House, only this one with a female character. At first I didn’t want to watch it because it seemed a bit lame, after all there was already one show that I liked, why would I watch a cheap imitation of it. After watching it for full two seasons I have to say that is something that I was right and in others I was wrong.

First of all, I was right in that it was a spinoff of the ultrasuccessful TV show House. The TV show tells the story of a worn-out nurse what a bad drug habit,

a nonchalant take for life, and a very complicated personal life. The character of nurse follows very closely to that of Dr. Gregory House. She seems to face the same problems with the same attitude and seems to be getting the same results.

I was really disappointed to see that despite the fact that they changed it generally character, they did not change much else. Anyone who understands anything women knows that a woman’s world is very different than a man’s, even if she has a similar character in similar circumstances. In addition to being a woman, nurse is also married woman with two children. Yet, her life is not very different from the life of Dr. Gregory House. Her personal life is just ...

• as empty, as it would have been if she would have been a perpetual bachelorette.

On the other hand, are quite a few things that I was wrong about. It is not a lame show, it’s quite entertaining and enjoyable. I have not missed a single episode since I started watching. And while there are similarities, nurse has a very different tone. It is more comical and satirical, and has many standup comedy elements in it, which the show House doesn’t have.

In like every brooding character, it has to be surrounded by some witty friends. ’s best friend, who by the way in character reminds a lot of Wilson, is one of the most enticing a charming woman I have ever seen in real life

or on TV. I think thather the show would not have been successful at all. The rest of the characters, all replaceable and really not that important.

In The first season of the show, there was another very interesting character, male nurse who was Muslim and gay. The actor who played him did an amazing job and brought so much depth into the show, but he did not continue with it to the second season. I think that was a great mistake and it really took away from the show.

Overall nurse Jackie is one of my most favorite shows right now. I have watched every single episode and loved it. I just hope that the writers of the show are going to add a little bit to it.

Gwen Winegar says :

This comment is unclear do to the error in grammar. Are you referring to the show, the actress or both?
    I don’t think that Jackie is anything like the other character other than being in the medical field and having addiction problems.

Ashlee replies :

I was referring to the character of Nurse Jackie and not the actress herself. I have found that there were many similarities between the character of Jackie and House. I have explained the similarities and the reason why I was disappointed to notice these similarities in the review itself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1018061580480930/k2311a0618/6.18.12