Shakespearean Insults Mug from The Unemployed Philosophers Guild
  • I first found the Unemployed Philosophers Guild on a daily deal website that I love
  • I noticed their quirky, funny gifts that ranged from insightful to frivolous, but the Shakespearean Insults Mug really made me laugh
  • I originally bought this mug as a gift for a friend, but when I got a good look at it I decided that I wanted to keep it for myself and ordered a second one to keep for myself
  • The mug itself is very nice, better than a lot of the cheap mugs you are going to find and pay twelve bucks for, this one cost twenty five, by the way
  • The mug is dishwasher and microwave safe, I have used it in both and have never had a problem yet

• by Alpha2Zulu

I first found the Unemployed Philosophers Guild on a daily deal website that I love. I noticed their quirky, funny gifts that ranged from insightful to frivolous, but the Shakespearean Insults Mug really made me laugh. Anyone that is very smart, slightly nerdy and studious, but still has a sense of humour would love almost everything that is found on the website. I originally bought this mug as a gift for a friend, but when I got a good look at it I decided that I wanted to keep it for myself and ordered a second one to keep for myself.

The mug is covered in sayings that are all found in Shakespeare’s own writings, but they have been specially selected because of their insulting nature. Each one is great, and will really crack you up, mainly because taken out of context they are shocking,

and surprising. Shakespeare really was a man that had a way with words and each of these is proof of that. I have been going through his work more as a result of buying my own mug, because I want to read the passages where the insults were all used.

The mug itself is very nice, better than a lot of the cheap mugs you are going to find and pay twelve bucks for, this one cost twenty five, by the way. It is short, but wide, with a matching holder. The off white color of the mug is matte and not that glossy finish. The one thing that I have noticed about this is these types of mugs do tend to show marks when you use utensils with them, but because they are fork or spoon scratches it just appears that it has been rubbed ...

• in an odd manner. The mug is dishwasher and microwave safe, I have used it in both and have never had a problem yet. After many washes, none of the lettering or colors have faded or chipped.

The insults mug is completely covered in lettering and illustrations. It appears that there is a decal process that adheres to the ceramic mug, because on one of the mugs that I received it was ever so slightly crooked, and the slant got greater as you went around because it is all attached. I noticed this before using or gifting but it was not enough of a defect to send it back, only someone with a super sharp eye will notice it. There are four block illustrations from Shakespeare’s books on the mug, like an etch print. One has Shakespeare’s portrait, a man proposing to a woman,two men sword

fighting and two men plotting. All around the mug, at different angles and in different fonts, sizes and colors are all the insults of Shakespeare’s.

I am very happy with my mug, it makes a great gift to give college students, professors, parents, and anyone that is into literature. It comes in a great box, which is covered with some of the insults also on the mug and other little quotes on the lip and lid of the box. Because it was nice enough to give this way, I just left the mug in the box and wrapped. As long as I don’t drop it or anything I expect it to last a long time because I have knocked it around a bit in daily use and it has yet to chip, which is so not the case with other mugs I have in the drawers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4615061580240730/k2311a0615/6.15.12