Hair Off Instant Eyebrow Shapers Cold Wax Strips
1.5
  • I have never enjoyed using waxing as a hair removal method, but I paid about $5 for this eighteen piece kit from a local beauty supply store
  • Unfortunately this product was a disappointment for me and the following review gives a detailed explanation of my experience

• by Simply_Fabulous

This is another product that I purchased to help groom my eyebrows. I have never enjoyed using waxing as a hair removal method, but I paid about $5 for this eighteen piece kit from a local beauty supply store. The main thing that attracted me to this product was the fact that the strips in this kit come pre-cut. I figured that this would make it much easier for me to groom my own eyebrows at home and it would also save me the money that I pay for professional waxing services. Unfortunately this product was a disappointment for me and the following review gives a detailed explanation of

my experience.

The moment that I opened up this package I realized that I had made a mistake. Although the wax strips come pre-cut in the shape of a perfectly shaped eyebrow, the two styles meant for the eyebrows do not fit properly out of the box. I ended up having to cut both the wax strip for the top and bottom of my eyebrow prior to application. Sadly my experience using this kit varied differently from the instant, easy, and flawless process that the product promises on its packaging.

These waxing strips hurt way too much to use on any type of regular basis. I even attempted to ...

• use a numbing gel that I had previously purchased and I still experienced pain. It literally felt like I was violently ripping the strands of hair out of my skin. Not only was my skin left irritated, but there were also still numerous strands of hair remaining on my eyebrows. Thus, I had to spend even more time removing all of the stray hair using a razor since it was much too painful for me to wax my eyebrows again or tweeze them.

I do not plan on ever purchasing this product again, and I would strongly urge others to try something else as well. I attempted to use this

kit twice before I ultimately ended up throwing it away. The money that I was hoping to save ended up being lost and I had to wait a few days for my skin to return back to normal.

Based on my experience, I would rate this product a 3 out of 10. I had hoped that this kit would provide me with a cheaper alternative to professional waxing services. I was left with sore skin instead, and the fact that I exfoliated my skin prior to the application process did not do much to improve my results. I will not be purchasing this kit again in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114061580050730/k2311a0614/6.14.12