Howards Restaurant Gatlinburg, TN
976 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN
  • I was impressed by that fact alone because there are times when I’ve never seen my server again until it was time to pay the check
  • Adding to the friendly service and the beautiful view, the food was delicious
  • I had been having burgers almost night so I wanted something different, so the chicken was the best course for me
  • I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the Gatlinburg area

• by sarahdragon26

On our last night in the Gatlinburg, I had no desire for pizza or McDonald’s. I wanted to get one more taste of the Smokey Mountain tourist town’s mom and pop locations. Instead of picking a location we would have to drive to, we tried Howard’s Restaurant, which was right next to our hotel, the Quality Inn. We walked past the restaurant every day for a week and never tried it, so we took a chance on our last night there.

I’m kicking myself because after trying the food, I realized we should have tried it long before that last night. We should have tried it on our visits

to the mountains before as well. It was much better then I was expecting. The location isn’t very big and it doesn’t have to be. Size can be overrated at times. My husband, my son, and myself were greeted right away as soon as we walked in. Everyone was very friendly, saying hello as we past.

We also had a very nice view from our table to the outside creek that ran alongside our hotel. My son loved that and the sound of it was very relaxing while we ate. Our server was very friendly, explaining some of the menu to us. And he came back more than 5 ...

• times to check on us during the course of the meal. I was impressed by that fact alone because there are times when I’ve never seen my server again until it was time to pay the check.

Adding to the friendly service and the beautiful view, the food was delicious. I got a chicken sandwich for about 7 dollars. My son got chicken tenders for 6 dollars and my husband got a steak for 10 dollars. The prices were not unreasonable at all for the size of the meal was worth it. My son loved his chicken and my husband loved his steak. I had been having burgers almost

night so I wanted something different, so the chicken was the best course for me. Yet, I was very iffy. I’ve had chicken sandwiches that just taste terrible and were as hard as rocks. I was very pleasantly surprised to see the chicken was tender, tasty, and juicy. I was glad to enjoy my last meal in the Smokey Mountains. At least for another year.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the Gatlinburg area. The service was wonderful, the food was great, and the view just added to the feeling of it. When I return to Gatlinburg, I will be returning to Howard’s Restaurant for another wonderful meal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 714061579910630/k2311a0614/6.14.12