Black Bird Manga
  • In my experience with some comics, American or Japanese, some of the storylines just seems to go on forever
  • Stories that go on forever can get old, boring, or just drag on and on
  • I was hoping for more, but was very disappointed

• by sarahdragon26

I am a big manga lover. Manga being Japanese comics. I started reading the comics when I was in college and have been reading them ever since. I normally follow the romance series and sometimes fantasy or adventure. With one of my current mangas I am reading, is a romance/fantasy manga. The manga is called Black Bird. Written by Kanoko Sakurakoji. It is printed by Viz media.

In my experience with some comics, American or Japanese, some of the storylines just seems to go on forever. Stories that go on forever can get old,

boring, or just drag on and on. The same goes for Black Bird. It is a story about a heroine whose blood is food for demons and everyone wants to either eat her or control her. The hero is a demon with black wings who loves her and wants to her eat. Sometimes, I get confused on which one he wants to do more.

This is one of those mangas or stories that just needs to come to an end. At first, when I saw the manga in Barnes and Noble, the story grabbed

me. I couldn’t put down the first volume. I was drawn into the story and wanted to read more. I got every volume after that, but after reading the sixth volume, I was starting to get bored. I wanted to see something happen. Something that didn’t have to do with the heroine getting attacked by a demon or the hero dealing with some kind of inner crisis that caused him to be mean, nasty, and very unattractive to a romance reader. I have some other words to describe him, but they are not for ...

• Black Bird Manga
      paper. After the ninth volume, I started to lose hope that this unending cycle would never come to an end. The storyline just didn’t seem to process very far before stopping with an attack on the heroine and the hero getting all moody. It would just always cycle back to those two things. Now, after reading the 10th volume, I have reached my end point.

The manga has lost all interest to me and the story turns me away from the whole series instead of grabbing me like it used to. I was reading

for the romance, a damsel in distress, and a hero who could be moody but kind. The story and characters evolved in something else. Something I’ve just turned off of now.

The drawings were very good, but then again, most Japanese mangas I read are drawn well. I just wish this manga didn’t drag its feet and bore me to death with a storyline that came around in a circle very few chapters. I was hoping for more, but was very disappointed. I might try to read it again when I finally hear the story has come to end.

Black Bird Manga
Hawk says :

I do agree that the manga kept dragging the story instead of creating a twist making it more interesting

sarahdragon26 replies :

I really enjoyed it at first and was on pins and needles waiting for something to happen, but it just kept dragging and dragging. Glad I’m not the only one who felt like this manga was not as good as it could have been. Thanks, Hawk. :)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1714061579900630/k2311a0614/6.14.12