The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm in Pink Guava
  • The taste and smell is incredibly fruity and fresh, unfortunately this doesn't last long and within around half an hour both the smell and taste have disappeared completely
  • I highly recommend this lovely lip balm for daily use

• by roundabout

I’m addicted to lip balm and own hundreds, this doesn’t stop me buying more though and sometimes it seems that every time I go out I accumulate more. This little pot of Born Lippy lip balm came from The Body Shop and as a summer lip balm is already one of my favourites. Born Lippy balms are available in several shades and fragrances, I have the Pink Guava one as I was aware that it would leave a shimmer of colour on my lips and this seemed to be the most natural shade to suit my skin tone.

The small plastic pot is easy to get into, the lid screws on nice and tightly so there are no worries about it coming loose in your

bag and getting bits all over the balm. This is an important point as I recently purchased an expensive pot of lip balm only to have it completely ruined within a few days after the poorly designed lid fell off while it was being transported in a particularly grotty make up bag. This Body Shop one is kept safe and hygienic at all times and I never need to stress about damage to the product as it’s so well protected.

You only need to use a very small amount of lip balm, it slides easily over my lips and begins to absorb instantly. My lips feel nourished and smoother straightaway after application and I can feel the moisturising properties as the skin on my ...

• lips drinks in the Born Lippy. The taste and smell is incredibly fruity and fresh, unfortunately this doesn’t last long and within around half an hour both the smell and taste have disappeared completely. This is a shame as it’s such a summery sensation that it would be nice if they lingered a while longer for me to enjoy the taste of Pink Guava in the sun!

This is quite a lightweight lip balm and is really only suitable for keeping your lips in good condition rather than actually solving any lip care problems. I had chapped lips last month after the weather turned very cold very quickly and had to switch to a heavier balm to soothe my irritated lip area, afterwards I

went straight back to Born Lippy however and this helped to keep my lips looking and feeling good. Since I began using this little pot of lip balm my lips are touchably softer and the subtle shimmery pink colour enhances their appearance, luckily the colour lasts a little longer than the taste, although it’s so pale that the longevity is unsurprisingly short.

I highly recommend this lovely lip balm for daily use; it’s effective, smells and tastes beautiful (for the short period this lasts for) and helps me keep my lips in tip top condition. I can imagine this is something I’ll mainly use over the summer months, but it would be equally effective during the winter providing your lips haven’t suffered too much from the cold.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111061579490430/k2311a0611/6.11.12