Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • The Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub gets a rating of 6 out of 10 in my opinion
  • It’s just the part where I have to put it on my face that I take issue
  • My huge problem with the fact that it comes in this form is that it’s way too dry
  • This is a pretty heavy duty exfoliator so I would definitely recommend that anyone with sensitive skin stay far, far away from this product
  • The reason for this is that I hate having to dip my fingers (which I think are pretty clean but may actually have microscopic germs on them) into the same container over and over again

• by jreviews

The Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub gets a rating of 6 out of 10 in my opinion. I saw a girl raving about it online so out of sheer curiosity I went to pick it up. I spent about ten dollars on this at Target. I’ll just be completely honest here. I want my money back.

What I did love about this product was the way it smells. It smells like a really sweet bakery. I could literally sniff this stuff all day long. It’s just the part where I have to put it on my face that I take issue. The product is simple enough. It is just a facial scrub with all these supposedly special ingredients like “grapefruit oil” and “ground almonds.” The product itself is this really thick paste that you are basically supposed to slather over your face. My huge problem with the

fact that it comes in this form is that it’s way too dry. It made my skin feel uncomfortable which I do not like. It also felt very heavy on my skin. Yes, I do realize that you are supposed to wash it off but I do not like using products that make my face feel uncomfortable, even for a second. After I added the water (as instructed), it did get a bit thinner so scrubbing it off was made easier. This is a pretty heavy duty exfoliator so I would definitely recommend that anyone with sensitive skin stay far, far away from this product. I actually do not mind harsh exfoliators so this part did not bother me, but I can see how some people would not like it.

There is another thing that I find wrong with this product based on the description on the packaging ...

• of what it is supposed to do. First, it’s supposed to be good for removing makeup. This is false (at least in my case). It got off about half of my liquid foundation and barely any of my eye makeup. I wasn’t even wearing waterproof eye makeup so it shouldn’t have been too difficult a job. I hate it when a product makes a false claim. This is not a good makeup remover. Do not be fooled.

Another con – the fact that it comes in a jar. Though this is quite thick, I would rather it come in a squeeze tube instead. The reason for this is that I hate having to dip my fingers (which I think are pretty clean but may actually have microscopic germs on them) into the same container over and over again. I have said it in reviews past and I

will continue to say it. That’s just not hygienic.

I guess some of the other pros to this ingredient (which I do not care about because I won’t be using it anymore) are the fact that it contains all natural ingredients. Something to be wary of though is that because all of the ingredients are natural, this has an expiration date. I honestly do not see how you would use up all of the product before the expiration date (because it is such a thick, abrasive scrub so I would worry about using it any more than twice a week). I’m sure some product gets wasted because of that. It is also pretty affordable. The jar is pretty sizeable so for only ten dollars you get your money’s worth. However, if you care about any of the things that I mentioned earlier, you will probably not be inclined to purchase this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111061579300330/k2311a0611/6.11.12