Chocomania Shower Cream by The Body Shop  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like to have a full bathroom cupboard that is practically bursting at the seams with toiletries but until recently I simply hadn't the time to physically go out and restock
  • This shower cream is available in a 250ml sized bottle and costs a reasonable £4 which I deem to be quite cheap for this brand as their products tend to be premium with premium price tags attached as well, but £4 is a very good price in my opinion
  • On squeezing a small amount of this into the palm of my hands I can see that the cream is paler than I expected - for some reason I thought it would be a rich dark brown but instead is a milky opaque cream, that is neither thick nor thin in consistency
  • It's a lovely shower cream though and anyone that loves chocolate scented products will be just as impressed as I was though it's more of a pampering 'once a week' treat than an everyday product as it loses it's appeal after a while I personally feel

• by Tick Tock

Ever since I discovered that The Body Shop have a fantastic website that is user friendly and offers low prices, I have been spending a lot of time (and money) replenishing my beauty items which I admit my stocks were becoming low. I like to have a full bathroom cupboard that is practically bursting at the seams with toiletries but until recently I simply hadn’t the time to physically go out and restock. I was always a huge fan of The Body Shop’s beauty products a few years ago as I worked close by to a large store in our town so often frequented it but when I changed jobs I no longer visited due to distance and time constraints so ordering from the website now is like a trip down memory lane.

I have placed a huge order this month and the product I will now be discussing is the Chocomania Shower Cream by The Body Shop. I will now share my personal thoughts and give my

honest opinions on using this product.

Chocomania is part of a brand new range by the body shop and includes shower gels and body butters amongst it’s collection. As I am a lover of all things chocolate this immediately appealed to me and I added it to my virtual basket almost instantly.

This shower cream is available in a 250ml sized bottle and costs a reasonable £4 which I deem to be quite cheap for this brand as their products tend to be premium with premium price tags attached as well, but £4 is a very good price in my opinion. The shower cream comes presented to us in a brown plastic bottle that unsurprisingly has a rich and creamy chocolate appearance and makes my mouth water at just the sight of it.

There is a simple to open flip top lid which is placed directly on top of the bottle and though it is a little stiff at first I find that the more I have used the product the ...

• easier the lid becomes to open. It’s also worth mentioning that it closes adequately so if storing upside down in a shower rack then it will not drip or spill the contents out like some products can.

On squeezing a small amount of this into the palm of my hands I can see that the cream is paler than I expected - for some reason I thought it would be a rich dark brown but instead is a milky opaque cream, that is neither thick nor thin in consistency. The cream runs smoothly from the bottle so limited squeezing is required otherwise you may lose half of the product on the shower floor and once it makes contact with the palms of my hands it has a rich and creamy texture.

The scent is simply divine and is every chocolate lovers idea of heaven, except of course that you can’t actually eat it though it smells so realistic. On applying then to my damp skin whilst in

the shower I was pleasantly surprised at how much a small amount lathered up and a coin size blob seemed enough to suffice covering my entire body in rich creamy bubbles.

Chocomania cleansed my body perfectly whilst the rich chocolate scent came across as slightly overpowering and sickly after a while but once the bubbles rinsed away from my skin the aroma died down. After I’d towel dried my skin I could still faintly detect the rich aroma and my skin had a warm cocoa scent for several hours after using this.

I’ve used this shower cream on several occasions now and I do really like it but the initial excitement has worn off so it has been confined to being used about once a week now. It’s a lovely shower cream though and anyone that loves chocolate scented products will be just as impressed as I was though it’s more of a pampering ‘once a week’ treat than an everyday product as it loses it’s appeal after a while I personally feel.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111061579280330/k2311a0611/6.11.12