Ticonderoga Microban (Wooden Pencil)  » Other  »
  • The company in my opinion has been #1 on wooden pencils since the dawn of my life
  • Most of us familiarize ourselves with a ticonderoga when we think of pencil and I can't help but to recommend that
  • My experience with Ticonderoga has been a pleasure
  • The microban is blue and I like the color very much, it appeals to the modern audience and won't be out of fashion for ages to come

• by Geronomo

Ticonderoga is one of the most famous wooden pencils you’ll ever come across. It has been one of the standards since forever. The company in my opinion has been #1 on wooden pencils since the dawn of my life. I mean, who can deny the metal eraser container or the sharp point of the lead. Even the hexagonal barrel is appealing. Most of us familiarize ourselves with a ticonderoga when we think of pencil and I can’t help but to recommend that. Ticonderoga has to

be the gold standard of wooden pencils since it has been in production for ages.

My experience with Ticonderoga has been a pleasure. Not only has ticonderoga been able to do its duties but it performed it flawlessly…until the age of mechanical pencils rose. But still, ticonderogas are a classic, soon to be joining others like the feather pens or the fountain pens. The performance of ticonderoga pencils will always be less than a mechanical pencil’s and also the tip will always be bulkier but ...

• it’s nice to be reassured with a classic. The lead itself is also a standard #2 HB polymer and the wood used is sturdy. I can’t help but to complain that Ticonderogas have been uncomfortable and had helped me through with my callouses.

Now onto the microban, with microban, ticonderoga has been able to join our modern era and assimilate it’s technology. The microban has an appealing style which makes itself distinct to the yellow pencils Ticonderoga originally produces. Although some may think microban is

useless, it is actually useful for those afraid of bacterium or have eczema on the skin. The microban is blue and I like the color very much, it appeals to the modern audience and won’t be out of fashion for ages to come. I can’t help but to envision ticonderoga replacing its metal container and type of wood though, it’d be so much better off. But anyways, if you want to stay germ proof and healthy fingers but in class along with contemporary, this pencil’s for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 128061579190830/k2311a068/6.8.12