Bostitch Automatic Pencil Sharpener  » Electronics  »
  • Bostitch, my first experience with the brand
  • So Bostitch may not have been heard of, or at least I haven't until I bought the pencil sharpener, but it's decent
  • But unfortunately, I have to say that Bostitch is not the automatic pencil sharpener to look for

• by Geronomo

Bostitch, my first experience with the brand. So Bostitch may not have been heard of, or at least I haven’t until I bought the pencil sharpener, but it’s decent. When the automatic pencil sharpener sharpens, it does sharpen which is the plus side, and it sharpens the pencil to a very sharp tip which the only down-side is that it may have trace amounts of the wood on one side.

That could be fixed

with a more compatible pencil though. Furthermore, using it is extremely easy.

All you have to do is stick your Ticonderoga or wooden pencil in it and let the sharpener pivot for awhile and yup. There you have it, a sharpened wooden pencil.

Here’s my opinion on the design. The design is questionable for most of the material is plastic but they tried.

The plastic is coated with silver and the rest is black ...

• except for the pencil shaving tray which gives it a contemporary look. The insertion ring or where the wooden pencil is inserted before it is in the process of being sharpened is one of the few actual metal parts.

The engine is hidden so I wasn’t able to get a good look at that but I assume the engine is wild because it pivots powerfully around the pencil. The shaving case is standard with

the Bostitch logo on it.

But unfortunately, I have to say that Bostitch is not the automatic pencil sharpener to look for. Why? Well, the pencil that it sharpens often you are unable to write on because of the wooden stiff on the lead, it gets in your way.

I’ve also used many, many better automatic pencil sharpeners so unfortunately, don’t buy this. You are more than welcome to give Bostitch a try though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 168061579180830/k2311a068/6.8.12