Body Tonic Firming Moisturiser by Garnier  » Cosmetics  »
  • My review will now focus entirely on my experience of using Body Tonic Firming Moisturiser by Garnier and I will share my thoughts and honest opinions on using the product
  • I decided to start applying this lotion regularly after my evening shower/ bath as I felt it would be the most suitable time as my pores would still be open enough for the lotion to fully absorb into which hopefully would give maximum results
  • Once absorbed I found the lotion to leave my skin feeling soft and velvet like with a definite feeling of elasticity that was lacking before
  • My stomach and thighs in particular seemed to have benefitted the most from using this lotion as there seems to be a firmer feel to the areas targeted and whilst there appears to be no obvious visual signs I can definitely feel a difference
  • My skin feels soft and toned and the citrus scent seems to linger for quite a while after using so I really have no negative comments regarding this product and can highly recommend

• by Tick Tock

I’ve been on a mission since hitting my 40’s to really start taking care of my skin, not only on my face but my entire body. Having had 3 children I am extremely lucky to have not suffered any excess skin or stretch marks but I am far from perfect so when I spotted this product by Garnier in my local beauty store recently I was keen to give it a whirl.

My review will now focus entirely on my experience of using Body Tonic Firming Moisturiser by Garnier and I will share my thoughts and honest opinions on using the product.

To my knowledge this product is available in one size only which is 400ml and the regular RRP is around the £7 mark which personally think is quite expensive. When I spotted this though in my local beauty store it was on a special promotion of half price so I managed to pick up a decent sized bottle for just £3.50 which I deemed far more economical, particularly as I was planning on using the product

everyday.

The bottle itself is instantly eye catching being a bright canary yellow and apart from the logo there is little all else in the way of decoration but this isn’t needed as the brightness of the bottle far more makes up for it. To access the lotion there is a flip top lid perched directly on top of the bottle and though the over hanging lid seems quite large it is actually quite hard and stiff to get hold of which has resulted on many occasion with broken and chipped finger nails.

Once access has been gained, the lotion itself pours out relatively smoothly as it is thinner in consistency than I would have imagined for a product of this nature.

The lotion is quite a bright white in colour and has a fresh citrusy scent that smells of freshly sliced lemons and just reminds me of Summer and Sunshine.

I decided to start applying this lotion regularly after my evening shower/ bath as I felt it would be the most suitable time as my pores would still be open ...

• enough for the lotion to fully absorb into which hopefully would give maximum results.

On applying to towel dried skin I felt the lotion glided on easily and rubbed over my skin with ease from my neck to my toes. The lotion feels extremely cool and refreshing on contact as the lemon zest fragrance adds to the fresh feeling and the lotion itself clings to my skin for about 5 minutes after applying before fully absorbing.

Once absorbed I found the lotion to leave my skin feeling soft and velvet like with a definite feeling of elasticity that was lacking before. My stomach and thighs in particular seemed to have benefitted the most from using this lotion as there seems to be a firmer feel to the areas targeted and whilst there appears to be no obvious visual signs I can definitely feel a difference.

My skin feels more taut, but in a good way, as though the skin and muscle is toned and there is a lovely smoothness all over my body after using this lotion. I have been

talking about this as a lotion but in actual fact it has a more gel like consistency with a creamy lotion texture so can be classed as either.

The lotion is hydrating and firming and claims to give you smoother looking skin within 7 days whilst it contains caffeine, seaweed extract and a blend of fruit essences known for their smoothing and firming properties.

Would I recommend this? I would say that though the initial price may seem quite high it is fact a fabulous product that really seems to hydrate my skin whilst leaving it super soft to the touch and because of this I feel it is worth it’s usual RRP. Although I am glad I purchased this half price I would happily buy this again at full price as only a small amount is needed for each application making it extremely economical in the long run.

My skin feels soft and toned and the citrus scent seems to linger for quite a while after using so I really have no negative comments regarding this product and can highly recommend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318061579140830/k2311a068/6.8.12