Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker Eau de Parfum  » Perfume  »
1.0
  • I bought a bottle of celebrity perfume Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker after seeing it at a knock down price of $17, I had wondered what this perfume was like as SJP is (usually) so stylish that I thought a fragrance released in her name would be equally stylish and chic
  • This is a spray perfume and it's here I hit my first problem, as I quickly found out that you don't get a very wide or effective arc of perfume with each spritz and really need multiple sprays to apply as much perfume as you need
  • The perfume has reasonably good staying power - well it would, being as it's one I dislike

• by roundabout

I bought a bottle of celebrity perfume Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker after seeing it at a knock down price of $17, I had wondered what this perfume was like as SJP is (usually) so stylish that I thought a fragrance released in her name would be equally stylish and chic.

The bottle is very pretty; a pearlescent silvery white which doesn’t particularly stand out amongst the rest of the perfume bottle in my collection, but it does look well suited to SJP and the name of the fragrance. This is a spray perfume and it’s here I hit my first

problem, as I quickly found out that you don’t get a very wide or effective arc of perfume with each spritz and really need multiple sprays to apply as much perfume as you need.

Lovely is floral from beginning to end, and sadly not a very pleasant floral. It opens with a pretty sparkly mandarin and bergamot tone which I was initially very happy with - if the perfume had remained so upbeat and youthfully feminine I’d have been one happy bunny, but after a few minutes a cloying lavender scent starts pushing through and it’s all downhill from there. I’m not sure whether it’s because the lavender is mingled with a very obvious rose but all of a sudden the perfume takes on a weirdly old fashioned edge which it doesn’t manage to shake off.

As these top notes begin to die away they’re replaced by another heavy layer of florals, dominated by the awful lavender that came through in the beginning and blossoming into a barely detectable patchouli and horribly synthetic orchid. I actually couldn’t pick out the patchouli at all and only know it’s there after reading the perfume notes of Lovely!  The orchid is unfortunately very much apparent; ...

• Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker Eau de Parfum
      it’s strong and creamy and in my opinion could have made an excellent note to liven this perfume up, but strangely it has such an odd chemical after-smell that I found this usually gorgeous scent was made almost antiseptic in quality.

The base layer of Lovely is a little better, although still not well enough done to convince me to ever buy this perfume again. Woodiness is the order of the day for the final hour or two of the fragrance as cedar, amber and musk sneak through the veil of flowers - Lovely never becomes sexy or sensual but the

way the musk is blended does help to make the perfume suitable for women under the age of 50 again!

The perfume has reasonably good staying power - well it would, being as it’s one I dislike!  From the time you spray until the smell has completely disappeared I’d guesstimate you get a good six hours of fragrance, this doesn’t really fade with time either so it remains fairly robust throughout it’s life. Which would be great if Lovely was a little more lovely than it actually is, and suitable for the girly side of me rather than more to my mothers tastes!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 567061579050530/k2311a067/6.7.12