The Samsung Haven phone  » Phones  »
  • I am not exactly a change person, especially when it evolves new employment, but unfortunately in this new economy change is something we all have to get use to
  • I thought my new boss was joking when he told me this, but come to find out there are quite a few companies that don't allow cellphones with camera's
  • He showed me the Samsung Haven, and told me this phone is very basic and probably would not be worth it, I asked him why, and he said because the phone will cost you $200 bucks, but if I got a new two year contract with Verizon I could get it for free
  • The Samsung Haven really is a very basic phone, in fact on the internet they say the phone is geared towards older people, well I don't consider myself older, but this phone definitely works for me
  • That aside, I really do like this phone, it's a real cool looking ordinary phone that looks like it's far more sophisticated, it's extremely easy to use and the sound quality is the best I ever heard in a cellphone in this price range, I love this phone

• by fastedit

Recently the company I was working for went belly up and after 10 years I was faced with the task of finding a new job. This was something I really wasn’t looking forward to, a new job with a new boss and new responsibilities really wasn’t something I was looking forward to. I am not exactly a change person, especially when it evolves new employment, but unfortunately in this new economy change is something we all have to get use to.

Looking for a job after 10 years working at another company really sucked, there were a lot of things I had to get use to, first of all it’s a lot harder to find employment, but when I finally found a new job, there were all kinds of new rules and regulations I had to get use to, like longer hours, less money and now they didn’t even want me to have a cellphone.

Well not exactly, but this new job doesn’t allow cellphones with cameras on them. I thought my new

boss was joking when he told me this, but come to find out there are quite a few companies that don’t allow cellphones with camera’s. Even though I thought this new rule was totally ridiculous, what I found even more ridiculous was how hard it was to find a cellphone without a camera. I just don’t understand why cameras on cellphones are so popular, I have had a cellphone with a camera for many years, and not once have I taken a picture or surfed the internet with it. I thought about buying a Trac phone, but I have a pretty good deal with Verizon right now and I wanted to keep it.

This didn’t leave me with many choices, all of the phones on Verizons website have cameras, all a brother wants is a simple phone that I can take to work. I went into the Walmart wireless store and looked around, really I was just wasting time waiting on my girlfriend to get done shopping, but the sales guy came over and asked if he could help me, and I really didn’t think he would have what I was looking for, but guess what? He did.

He showed me the Samsung Haven, and told me this phone is very basic and probably would not be worth it, I asked him why, and he said because the phone will cost you $200 bucks, but if I got a new two year contract with Verizon I could get it for free. Well I have a good deal with Verizon, I am on my girlfriends family plan, and it only cost me $25.00 a month, and she wasn’t sure if she wanted to extend the contract for another two years, so I went home and found the same phone on the internet for only 30 bucks and we didn’t have to extend anything.

The Samsung Haven really is a very basic phone, in fact on the internet they say the phone is geared towards older people, well I don’t consider myself ...

• The Samsung Haven phone
      older, but this phone definitely works for me. They say it’s basic and boring, But I think the phone looks very cool and sleek. It’s a two toned grey flip phone with a nice size display on the front. Of course it has no camera, in fact it doesn’t have too much of anything, it’s just a solid well designed no nonsense user friendly cellphone.

I also like the over size dial buttons on the phone, in fact all of the buttons on this phone are pretty big and well labeled and they light up! Also the Haven has a nice big digital clock in the front display. Another good thing is that it shows my own phone number in this display as well, so I can never forget my number, seems like a small thing, but I don’t know how many times I forget my cellphone number, this is a nice touch.

Even though the Samsung Haven is a pretty ordinary phone, it still gives me text messaging, voice commands, caller ID,

and just about every other option you would find on a basic Verizon phone. And even though it doesn’t take pictures, it still allows me to receive them and forward them or save to my phone.

The call quality is excellent, I can clearly hear everybody I talk to and they can here me, sometimes the regular default volume is almost too loud, but there are controls to turn it down. So far I have never had a dropped call and the Battery time is also very good with this phone,

If I have one complaint it’s that I don’t like having the 911 emergency number right above the navigation control, it’s very easy to hit it by accident while using the top navigation button.

That aside, I really do like this phone, it’s a real cool looking ordinary phone that looks like it’s far more sophisticated, it’s extremely easy to use and the sound quality is the best I ever heard in a cellphone in this price range, I love this phone!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 377061578850530/k2311a067/6.7.12