Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray  » Cosmetics  »
  • I enjoy Aveda’s patented Pure-fume fragrances in all their hair care products and needed a strong holding hair spray so I purchased their Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray
  • I had read interviews from professional hair stylists stating that the Elnett spray was the best product they had ever worked with
  • Finally, the size of this product is amazing
  • The cost of this product is a whopping $26, which is even slightly more expensive than Aveda’s flexible hold hairspray and more than double the cost of the hair spray products widely available at drugstores
  • I don’t believe I had this issue until the cap was lost, so this may not happen at all for many people

• by cmurray081981

I enjoy Aveda’s patented Pure-fume fragrances in all their hair care products and needed a strong holding hair spray so I purchased their Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray. I considered purchasing the Air Control Flexible hold hair spray but determined that since my hair has difficulty holding style that the firm hold would work better for me.

The good things about this product are the hold, the fragrance and the large size. I curled my hair one day and used the L’Oreal Elnett spray to ensure the curls would not fall throughout the day. I had read interviews from professional hair stylists stating that the Elnett spray was the best product they had ever worked with. However, I sprayed the Elnett spray throughout

my hair that day but while driving to work with the heat running an hour later my hair was almost straight again. I purchased and used the Control Force hairspray and my curls held all day and looked as good as they did immediately after I had taken my rollers out. The fragrance is a typical Aveda fragrance that smells very natural and fresh. I always enjoy it because it reminds me of how every time I leave the salon my hair looks flawless. The scent, like all Aveda products, is also very calming and reminiscent of the fragrances used during professional spa treatments. Finally, the size of this product is amazing. The can is 9.1 ounces and I estimate that it will last me at least 9 months.

The bad things about this product are the price, the texture, and the nozzle. The cost of this product is a whopping $26, which is even slightly more expensive than Aveda’s flexible hold hairspray and more than double the cost of the hair spray products widely available at drugstores. However, as I mentioned above, the large sized can seems to last quite a while depending on the frequency of the use of the product. The texture of this hairspray leaves the old fashioned helmet head texture that hairsprays made 20 or more years ago left. The spray works well to hold your hairstyle but at the cost of having soft and movable tresses. The spray does brush out so that the ...

• Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray
      hard coating can be removed but then the spray will not hold the style any longer. Also, the product leaves a strong build-up in my hair that doesn’t go away until it’s washed out. This is great if you can go for a day or two without showering since re-styling your hair with the old spray still in there can create a style with complete hold once again. My hair tends to look very greasy after just one day, but application of this product reduces the dirty look at my roots slightly so I am usually able to recycle the spray from the previous day. Finally, the nozzle has a tendency to clog a bit for me. To be fair, I did lose the cap
      from the bottle and since then the product periodically clogs the nozzle so that it has to be run under hot water until it can spray product again. I don’t believe I had this issue until the cap was lost, so this may not happen at all for many people.

Overall, taking the price into account, I’d have to give this 8 out of 10. I’m not sure that I would continue to purchase such an expensive product if I could find something available at a drugstore that would be comparable if it meant I could save $15 or more. The product works well and has a wonderful fragrance but it’s not quite worth it to me to spend nearly $30 for one bottle of hairspray.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316061578541230/k2311a066/6.6.12