Personnel Staffing in Gadsden, AL  » Business  »
2.0
309 South 5th Street Gadsden, AL 35901
  • I have used a staffing agency in the past to search for employment, but this agency in particular has been the worse experience

• by Simply_Fabulous

Right now there are a lot of people out there struggling to find jobs. I have used a staffing agency in the past to search for employment, but this agency in particular has been the worse experience. I do not like to write negative reviews, but I feel that in this case it is necessary in order to prevent others from wasting their time, getting their hopes up, and giving out personal information.

My first interaction with this agency was a couple of years ago at a local career fair. I have to be honest and state that the demeanor of the recruiters at this agency did cause me to have

some reservations at the time. They hardly acknowledged any of the individuals at the fair other than to throw single paged applications at them to fill out and bring back to them. Nevertheless, I still decided to fill out the application that they had. I also attached a copy of my resume with the application. While I was turning it in, I asked one of the recruiters about the specific positions they were accepting applications for. Apparently they did not have any actual jobs, but they were stockpiling applications to boost their roster.

I should have known better than to interact with this company again, but a few weeks ago I visited ...

• their office to inquire about job openings that they had posted on the billboard outside of the building. After entering the office, I was informed by their secretary that these were not current positions; instead, they were accepting applications for positions that might become available in the future. I informed her that I had previously filled out an application with this staffing agency. Despite the fact that I had filled out an application which included personal information like my social security number, she was unable to locate my file and she asked me to fill out another application.

I have read on various online websites about some of the tactics that

staffing recruiters employ, but I never knew that I would witness it firsthand. Apparently some recruiters ask for personal information like business references in order to cold call them and gain the business as a potential new client. Some agencies also post fake job ads online and in newspapers as well in order to achieve the same result.

I have not heard anything else from this staffing agency despite the fact that I have called them to follow up, but they are still advertising more positions. While I doubt that this business is a complete scam, I do want to forewarn potential job seekers to be careful and safeguard your information.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 414061578410830/k2311a064/6.4.12