Gucci Colour Gradiated Girls 3/4 Summer Dress (Spring/Summer 2012 Collection)  » Clothes  »
  • I know how to waste money sometimes, and an 'impulse buy' I make far too often (according to my partner) is designer clothes for the kids

• by roundabout

I know how to waste money sometimes, and an ‘impulse buy’ I make far too often (according to my partner) is designer clothes for the kids.¬† A recent ‘impulse buy’ (always said in inverted commas) was this pretty denim dress by Gucci, ridiculously expensive at $335 but so worth it in terms of quality and how fabulous my four year old looks in it.

It’s a summer dress really, but looked good with a pair of bright tights for Christmas Day and the sleeve length is perfect for layering with a long sleeved tee shirt.¬† My daughter is quite dainty for her age and the dress sits at just above knee length, it would look equally good on taller four year olds however as the fit of the dress is completely in proportion so if it was too short then chances are it wouldn’t fit in the body

anyway.¬† Gucci’s childrens range is always very accurate when it comes to sizing so unless your child is significantly taller than their friends I’d recommend ordering their actual size, the dress is designed so beautifully that it looks equally good whether worn long or short.

The dress is made of a soft denim; actually Lyoncell, a regenerated cellular fibre, which gives the fabric an extremely soft touch and means it doesn’t have that ‘rough’ denim feel.¬† I feel this is important for an item made for such young children, so many designers expect children to wear the same grade denim as adults so it’s good to see Gucci thinking of their softer skin and giving children a more appropriate fabric.¬† Despite its softness, the dress is hard-wearing - my daughter absolutely loves it so this dress has been worn dozens of times since Christmas, it’s worn and washed ...

• very well despite the fact she’s quite heavy on her clothing and I think that says everything about the quality of the fabric. ¬†The seams and stitching are all straight and true, as you’d expect from a designer such as Gucci, I particularly like the thick hem at the bottom of the dress and on the cuffs as I feel it lends a sense of fun to the garment.¬†

The dress does up using large press studs, which not only look excellent next to the blue fabric of the dress but also ensures young children can grip and fasten them themselves.

I adore the casual tapering colour of the dress; at the shoulders it starts off as a dark denim shade, before lightening up down the length of the dress to end up a pale stonewashed colour at the hem. This is a fantastic effect, and not one I’ve

seen often on childrens denim clothes - it makes it appear bang on trend, while keeping the general ‘fun’ look of the dress.¬†

As I’ve already mentioned, the dress can be worn alone in the summer or teamed with a sleeved garment and tights in the winter. I sometimes dress my daughters up with a chunky belt fastened loosely around her waist, the dress doesn’t feature belt loops so not all belts will work like this but I find a woven or leather belt is best for cinching the dress in slightly.¬†

If you are looking to buy this dress for your little one it can be purchased from the Gucci online boutique, using the code 284070 XZ630 4215.   I absolutely recommend it despite the high price; the quality of both the fabric and design are outstanding and it looks so much better on than a similarly designed cheaper denim dress.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 554061578210830/k2311a064/6.4.12