NordicWare Bundt Brownie Pan  » Housewares  »
  • I love baking brownies and often knock a batch up for the kids, recently however I was commissioned to make several batches of brownies for a local school fayre - while ours are usually basic square brownies I wanted to do something a little more special for the school so invested in this Bundt Brownie Pan from bakeware company NordicWare

• by roundabout

I love baking brownies and often knock a batch up for the kids, recently however I was commissioned to make several batches of brownies for a local school fayre - while ours are usually basic square brownies I wanted to do something a little more special for the school so invested in this Bundt Brownie Pan from bakeware company NordicWare.

It’s a lovely idea; you make your brownie mixture up as normal and pour it into the pan - it’s the shape of brownies created that make it special as once they’re cooked they have the circular shape and design of the usually larger Bundt

cakes. The pan makes twelve brownies and is made of cast aluminum to ensure it’s light to hold even when filled with brownie mixture, there are no handles of any description on the pan but there’s plenty of room to put your fingers even when wearing oven mitts or using a tea towel to remove the brownies from the oven.

The interior is non-stick and surprisingly for NordicWare isn’t actually as effective as it could have been. I suspect it’s due to the consistency of brownies in general, but unless you grease the interior of the pan you’ll probably find that at least one or two brownies will stick - this is a shame as it completely ruins the beautifully delicate shape of the Bundt inspired brownies, but a little butter sprayed into each recess helps to prevent this. When turning the brownies out for cooling it helps to give each one a sharp tap on the bottom to help release them, any that are stuck will probably also come away at this point but will usually leave a fairly large chunk of brownie attached to the pan.

The pan bakes the brownies really well, leaving them with a crisp top and soft chewy base.  There is apparently a recipe ...

• NordicWare Bundt Brownie Pan
      printed on the cardboard sleeve that is wrapped around the Bundt brownie pan, but I don’t recall seeing this and have been using my own recipe instead with plenty of success (other than the irritating sticking problem).  I can tell that the brownies have cooked through evenly and the chocolate chips I added melted to just the right degree inside the mixture.

I paid $33 for this brownie pan and have to say that I’m not overly pleased with it. The finished brownies look absolutely beautiful, but considering you lose at least one brownie per batch due to sticking this isn’t ideal - especially when

you’re a busy cook like me, I really haven’t the time to be making extra batches to make up for the ones which have got stuck. I’m surprised at NordicWare actually as their non-stick coating usually really IS non-stick!

Washing up the pan is easily done, although this tends to show up exactly where the sections are stickier than usual as this is obviously where the mixture collects. The fairly intricate design inside the Bundt pan makes it a little fiddly to get to and remove every single bit of baked on brownie mixture, but with a narrow washing up brush it’s a pretty straightforward process.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 534061578030930/k2311a064/6.4.12