The Taking by Dean Koontz book
  • I like Molly the most because she’s a smart, careful character
  • She’s the character that tells you most of her opinions on what is happening in the world around them including her introducing us to the issue
  • Koontz always has a way of terrifying me and this book is definitely the scariest I’ve read not only by him, but any horror author ever
  • Which I believe is a wonderfully descriptive way to show what is happening in the takeover

• by Kitchencatlover

The book The Taking by Dean Koontz is one of my favorites from him, and he is one of my favorite authors. It’s a horror/sci-fi/ mystery novel that keeps you on edge the entire time you’re reading it. It’s about an alien invasion that no one can explain and entire town bands together to try to combat the unknown forces and bring them down.

It has two main characters, Molly and Neil Sloan. I like Molly

the most because she’s a smart, careful character. She’s the character that tells you most of her opinions on what is happening in the world around them including her introducing us to the issue. My second favorite character is Virgil. He’s somewhat the hero of the story (him and the other animals). And he just comes over as extremely likeable to me.

Honestly when I read this book, which I’ve read twice, I can’t put it ...

• down. It’s full of suspense and leaves you needing to sleep with the light on. Koontz always has a way of terrifying me and this book is definitely the scariest I’ve read not only by him, but any horror author ever. He has a certain undeniable skill and that’s one of the reasons he’s a favorite of mine.

The book also has plenty of religious ties and pieces of T.S. Eliot’s poetry which I enjoy a

lot. He uses the Wasteland and other quotes from Eliot to convey the horror that is unfolding around them. Which I believe is a wonderfully descriptive way to show what is happening in the takeover. I also like how religion is incorporated in the theme. Far too many times authors are afraid to add religion in their works because so many people won’t read it just because of it. So congrats Dean for having the nerve to make a wonderful novel!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 174061577850930/k2311a064/6.4.12