Del Taco Las Vegas, NV  » Restaurants  »
2.5
5955 W. Tropicana RD. Las Vegas, NV 89103
  • I was so excited when I found out there was a Del Taco here in Nevada
  • I was so disappointed when I went to the Del Taco here
  • I know restaurants have to control their food costs, but you would have to eat like 6 of these to get full

• by Aphrodite

This was one of my favorite fast food restaurants when I lived in Portland, OR. They made a fish taco that I fell in love with. It was steamed and wrapped in foil to stay warm. I was so excited when I found out there was a Del Taco here in Nevada. I tend to like Taco Bell’s food over burgers most of the time. To me, a taco should be full of topping, meat, cheese and sour cream. I was so disappointed when I went to the Del

Taco here.

I have a big family so I usually order in bulk, meaning that I get the value meals and family packs of 12 tacos or burritos. This time I ordered 2 Fiesta Packs, which includes 12 tacos or burritos in any combination. I also ordered 2 extra burritos, a plate of nachos and a chicken and rice burrito. My total came to about $30 with tax. The Fiesta Packs cost $8.99 each.

The disappointment comes in the fillings in the tacos and burritos. They are like practically empty. When I opened one of the hard-shell tacos, it was laying totally flat. There was only a tiny bit of meat and a sprinkle of lettuce and cheese on it. I know restaurants have to control their food costs, but you would have to eat like 6 of these to get full. I just felt so ripped off, I spent $30 for this meal and there was barely anything in it. I used to work for Taco Bell back in the day so I know that they do not ...

• Del Taco Las Vegas, NV
      stuff those tacos and burritos but this was even less than I would have gotten if I had gone to Taco Bell instead.

Del taco has lots of .99 cent specials on different types of meat tacos and burritos with rice. These tend to be a little bit better than the basic tacos. And they also have burgers and fries too. I didn’t get the fish taco on this visit so I may go there just for it, but I would not buy their Fiesta pack again. I’ll make a

special trip to Taco Bell for those. It just sucks because I could have spent the same amount of money and bought the ingredients to make tacos at home and had a better meal.

My recommendation is if you are buying the premium tacos and specialty burritos it is fine, but do not buy their box tacos. It isn’t worth it. I also didn’t care for their hot sauce, they only have one choice: hot! No mild or medium for those who like a little heat but not a lot.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 74061577840930/k2311a064/6.4.12